Main Menu

2cv Racing Silencer

Started by abfitness2cv, May 23, 2013, 13:08:14

Previous topic - Next topic

abfitness2cv

I've found a large dent in my silencer. I've been advised by our technical secretary to ask if anyone knows of the product name and number for a replacement. Thanks Adam

Simon Crook

Hi Adam, I am not sure that we all run the same one - throw up a picture it may be easier for us too identify 
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

abfitness2cv

Hi Simon. I'm after a cost effective one that is easily obtained, any suggestions? Mallory is getting ever closer.........

Derek Coghill

Have a look at the Demon Tweeks catalogue to get an idea of what you want; you'll also need dimensions - the space it fits in and the exhaust pipe diameter.

A dent, you say? That's not very broken, surely?

Simon Crook

Mines a RC40 RB 15 11 NR-21 00 if that helps, I got mine through Pete Sparrow - I have a spare here if you get really stuck 
LUMACA RACING

Pete Sparrow

Adam.
the one i have always used is an RC40 rear box for a classic Mini. They are about £30 and are available from most classic mini parts people, I normally use the Mini Spares Centre in Barnett. I also have a spare if you need it but it will need brackets putting on.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Pete Sparrow

Adam.
the one i have always used is an RC40 rear box for a classic Mini. They are about £30 and are available from most classic mini parts people, I normally use the Mini Spares Centre in Barnett. I also have a spare if you need it but it will need brackets putting on.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

abfitness2cv

Simon/Derek and Pete, many thanks for your replies :)

The exhaust pipe on my car is an inch and 3/4. Would the mini silencer fit? Thae damaged silencer measures 7 inches long and 4 and half inches in depth. Pete/Simon if you have spares would you be able to bring them to Mallory for me to purchase? How difficult would they be to fit/weld? Was originally planning to arrive early Monday, but now aiming for Sunday evening.

Sammie Fritchley

Yes adam ,i have measured mine and it is 45 mm/ 1 3/4" .

abfitness2cv

Simon Crook

Hi Adam

I will bring it with me, think it has brackets on it, if you use it would rather it replaced (Pete bring yours with ya) I can put the brackets on later.

Simon
LUMACA RACING

abfitness2cv

Thanks Simon, Steve Walford has made me a silencer and I'm fetching later today. Phew!