Main Menu

Well done Team Stinky well deserved winners trophy couldn't go to a nicer team

Started by Simon Crook, September 02, 2013, 22:48:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

Well done Team Stinky well deserved winners trophy, couldn't go to a nicer team, although once it all sinks in, just what an achievement they have just done and they look at the 'new' winners trophy, not being able to see the previous winners of this iconic motorsport race that have gone before them and looking forward to having their name added to the list of winners to this 'perpetual' trophy, I feel is a little sad, I know that the Rent Boys have won the race for three years on the trot and I know what an achievement that is (credit where credit is due) and they have kept the trophy, I would have thought that a replica should have been given, like they do at Le Mans and many other 'perpetual races' from many forms of sport, thus ensuring that the winners history stays with the winners cup.   
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Bas

Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

Matthew Hollis

Can't say I realised at the time, but thought it looked different when I picked it up off them (I was just about to get back in the car so wasn't really focussing). Has the original trophy run out of room to be engraved anymore?

Chris Yates

Thanks Simon for the kind words! The trophy is a lovely thing, but it would be nice to have the history on it too. Wonder if that can be arranged somehow.

Trevor Williams

Why is there a new trophy for the 24 Hour Race? The previous one is a perpetual trophy, and it doesnt matter if you have won it once or a hundred times.
The trophy is returned at the next race to be presented to the next winners!!!!
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Ainslie Bousfield

Hello All,

Great to see Stinky Win. Congratulations to one and all.

Its also very good for the club and general moral to see a differnt name at the top.

So come on you Holli. We need you to win it next year, another very much deserving team and club stalwarts too.

Christine Savage

I am truly blown away by the sheer volume of people congratulation me / us for our win...  Thank you so much to everyone who has supported us over the years.

:-)

Christine