Main Menu

Lumenition

Started by abfitness2cv, October 18, 2013, 09:20:42

Previous topic - Next topic

abfitness2cv

Does anyone know where I can source a power module for the 2cv Lumenition kit? My car ate about 6 in 2012 and consumed another (along with coil pack, leads and an engine) at Silverstone. I'm slightly reluctant to buy the whole kit as I don't need the other bits. Thanks Adam.

gadget

sounds like you need to find out why your car is eating so many lumenition boxes before you put another one on.
in fact the cost of a complete kit is peanuts compared to 7 power units.butlook on the bright side, if you bought a complete new kit and done another power unit, at least you would have a spare engine/pick up eye for another engine, or have tou got a few of these already?
if you need some help give me a ring

I might be able to put you on to someone!

abfitness2cv

Thanks Gadget, will give you a ring.

The wiring issue that caused the failures last year has been solved. The module blew at Silverstone because the coil pack (not mounted on the lighting bar on my car, its on top of the engine) was not reattached to it's mounting after an engine change. On the way to the grid there was a bang, smoke and a minor firework display.

Simon Crook

I believe that Ecas (plug for series sponsor) do the Race Lumenition in component form 
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING