Main Menu

2014 fixture list

Started by Frank Barnard, November 27, 2013, 10:24:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Anglesey must be the best suited circuit in the country for 2cvs,personally I can't wait. For those who haven't been it is worth every minute of the long drive.
The circuit has facilities at least on par with snetterton and the track is fabulous,lots of corners,plenty of overtaking opportunities,superb level changes,and to top it all you can see half the circuit from the pitlane.
Oh and it would appear they really want us,which makes me like them already.
Or pembrey in marquees.

Bas

24hr  +  anglesey  +  2cvgb ยป  excellent....proper drivers circuit...as pete says snett never a 2cv circuit....too much flat out...maybe the people from 2cvgb will bring back some of that special atmosphere we had at mondello...plus the chance to drive the best circuit in the country....cadwell....what more do you want?
Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

Derek Coghill

If it's a nice weekend, there'll be some stunning sunset views too. Not least from a car at the top of the hill looking over the water.

Llanfair PG's not that far away either; get a bunch of folks standing on the platform holding up one letter each. Possibly one for 2CVGB, that....

All the circuits are good. Might have to extract a digit.

Bodger

Sounds like Anglesey is a great circuit.......does anyone know the dates yet of the 24hr race ?  When is it decided ?   Thanks.

Frank Barnard

The Announcements section doesn't seem to allow a response but Mervyn's statement that the fixture list ' provides a geographical spread across Britain' is nonsense. Come off it, Mervyn, you can claim it as much as you like but it doesn't...

naughtybear

just out of interest how far is everyone from the venues this year, for me its the following....
Oulton Park - 62 miles - 1hr 40 mins
Pembrey - 220 miles - 5hrs +
Croft - 87 miles - 2hrs
Cadwell Park - 105 miles - 2hrs 30 mins
Anglesey - 146 miles - 3hrs

I want to race the full championship so I am willing to drive to the further away circuits from us - Pembrey is going to be a long haul on mainly A roads but we are very excited at the prospect of the 2 hour endurance to be held there. I suppose last year I would have been looking at a lot more miles (Snett, Silverston and Brands) but again to drive such places as Silverstone and taking the car around Brands would have been epic.
Croft was on the calendar last season and I am guessing its a big drive for lots of people?
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Derek Coghill

Croft's the closest at around 150 miles, I think; the rest are all 300/350-ish except Pembrey which is over 450.

Frank Barnard

From Rye, Sussex: Oulton 263, Pembrey 276, Croft 312, Cadwell 218, Anglesey 358.

gadget

in response to frank's calculations, mine are as follows.
oulten park  176
croft            176
pembrey      280
cadwell          55
Anglesey      280
total            967

460 miles different, about 15 gallons @ 30/gallon.

maybe the club should think about using some of it's vast reserves to subsidise people that have to travel over 1000 miles to get to all the meetings.
it wouldn't be the first time for something this. I can remember going to Anglesey before and getting a payment from the club. not only that, we do pay mileage to the board members to go to meetings, why not to members.
also Frank, if you were prepared to come up to cadwell, I am sure we can put you up if you wanted to travel up before the race day. we are only an hour and a bit away.we would also be able to show you the sights of Louth the evening before the race!

what does everyone think to that then?

gadget

by the way,
sounds to me like the naughty bear is in the best place so far.

on another subject, can the web master please introduce an interpreter mode onto the site,
so that we can all understand what the hell Derek Coghill has said ???  ???

gadget

Derek Coghill

As I remember, the Anglesey money was to sway the undecided and was at a critical point of racing/no racing. It was then returned to those who'd entered earlier (from which I benefitted).

I could get over 1000 miles by taking a less direct route to Pembrey; put it towards the 24hr marshals' hamper instead.

Wayne, everything's a long way away for me. Add "miles" after the numbers and all will become clear....

Derek Coghill

P.S. Those are distances to rather than round trips, aren't they?

Mine are one-way distances.

Frank Barnard

Quote from: Derek Coghill on December 11, 2013, 00:42:26

Mine too Derek, the total mileage to the circuits from Sussex would be 1,427, assuming I don't get lost or the satnav doesn't switch to Afrikaans like it insists on doing...

Tom Perry

My first full season in 2CV's;

Oulton Park - 177 miles   3hr
Croft - 236 miles   3hr 52 min
Pembrey - 203 miles   3hr 32min
Cadwell - 146 miles   3hr
Anglesey - 277 miles 4hr 32min

Total Millage (each way) 2078

+ testing and trips up to the Gadget workshop.

All look like great 2CV tracks (including 4 that I've never been round before) that will produce fantanstic racing. Anglesey has got to be the highlight for me. Cant wait for the new season to start and for the road trips to begin.

Anyone got a diesel for sale??  ;D

Frank Barnard

Quote from: Frank Barnard on December 11, 2013, 11:13:03
Quote from: Derek Coghill on December 11, 2013, 00:42:26

Mine too Derek, the total mileage to the circuits from Sussex would be 1,427, assuming I don't get lost or the satnav doesn't switch to Afrikaans like it insists on doing...
Clearly adding up in Afrikaans also. This is the one-way total. All in: 2,854.