Quote from: Tom Perry on December 11, 2013, 14:16:30
My first full season in 2CV's;

Oulton Park - 177 miles   3hr
Croft - 236 miles   3hr 52 min
Pembrey - 203 miles   3hr 32min
Cadwell - 146 miles   3hr
Anglesey - 277 miles 4hr 32min

Total Millage (each way) 2078

+ testing and trips up to the Gadget workshop.

All look like great 2CV tracks (including 4 that I've never been round before) that will produce fantanstic racing. Anglesey has got to be the highlight for me. Cant wait for the new season to start and for the road trips to begin.

Anyone got a diesel for sale??  ;D

I have an old but tidy xantia td for £300 with 12 months test ,recent clutch and radiator

gadget

yes I agree frank.
and Derek's still talking in riddles.

Trevor Williams

Wayne
The Club subsidised the entry fees for the Anglesey round in 2007 because, at that time, it was in danger of failing to achieve an average entry level of 10 per race. This was done because of the possibility of losing championship status. There was a lot of hoohah after this as some people felt that the subsidy wasn't publicised enough, and that the club was spending money to benfit a minority. This was the year that the races were all of at least an hour duration, because that was what the membership wanted.

As for cost / mileage to races etc, when we did 12 meetings a season, my average costs for entries, fuel, transport, food etc were £4k. When we did four meetings a year my costs were £4k. Both excluding any cost that the 24 hour race had.

I recall a comment made to me by a certain Northern car prepper and engine builder along the lines of "If you can't afford to take a grand out of your pocket and burn it, you cant afford to go racing for a weekend". This still stands- its expensive.

Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

abfitness2cv

This year I was lucky enough to have three races near to home (which is just as well, as they were largely pants- a long drive home would have finished me off) and next year I intend to compete in all of the sprint races. None are near to me, it doesn't matter. You can't please everyone. If you have a strong passion for racing you'll find a way to pay and you'll endure the travelling. I have a car that is currently dead, possibly no engine, no trailer or towing vehicle, brakes that refuse to work ( no matter who attempts a fix), ruined electrics and a budget that wouldn't cover Gadget's bacon sandwiches. I love racing and the 2cv paddock is a fantastic place to be. thats why I will do everything possible to get all of these problems fixed, get out next year and enjoy it.

I think the board and the chairman do a fine and largely thankless job. They've given us plenty of notice to prepare for next year with the aim of keeping costs down.

Bas

gadgets bacon sarnie budget!?!?!    thats quite a target to aim for! ....in days of old there were Bliss Burgers aswell...ahh halcyon days...seriously though the mileage is nothing compared to past seasons that involved knockhill, croix, zolder and mondello plus the usual suspects... as trev says sometimes 10+ rounds a season....plus rumours of "development " of cadwell park may lead to this being a last chance to race the best drivers track in the country...miss it at your peril. i hear that angelsey will be the coastal circuit...it will be a shock to those who have only ever 24hr raced at snett...drivers working hard?! ...for 24hrs..surely some mistake? ...:)

Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

Frank Barnard

Now for the good news, if you live near the south coast. Spa's a 550-mile round trip...

Paul

Quote from: Frank Barnard on December 13, 2013, 10:06:02
Now for the good news, if you live near the south coast. Spa's a 550-mile round trip...

You better start looking through bus timetables frank,that's a long way to travel on your free bus pass,i assume it's valid in the euro zone:)

Frank Barnard

Quote from: Paul on December 13, 2013, 12:10:31
Quote from: Frank Barnard on December 13, 2013, 10:06:02

You better start looking through bus timetables frank,that's a long way to travel on your free bus pass,i assume it's valid in the euro zone:)
Enough ageist jests, Paul. Old people have always flocked to spas for the good of their health. I hear this one's delightful. Note to myself: enquire about wheelchair access, and also about the purity of their waters...

Derek Coghill

For a few glorious years, there was an overnight ferry that ran from Rosyth to Zeebrugge. This meant that there were fewer road miles to Spa than to Croft. I went over a lot.

gadget

I did wonder how long it would be before trevor chipped in with a fact or two.
I see Derek is still talking in riddles.
frank has now filled in the form to get his bus pass Euro to go to spa for the 24hrs.
Bas has now applied to erect a Blissy burger bar at Barn corner at cadwell, ready for when abifitness arrives from the hairpin. I can see it now,,,,race car on borrowed trailer,,,,  got no engine mind,,,no brakes either. no matter, the ones on the trailer work ok. got a seven pin plugged in from the trailer to the race car that's on it!
but it is down hill at this point Bas, you may need to get the food out quick.
we can now come to realise why this bloke has these big muscles,pushing the car to the circuit and back.trying to compete with my bacon sarnie budget,pushing the car around cos his engine's f----ed, and he says he loves it.
my mind boggles, and if you need any help I'm sure Derek coghill can explain everything.
see you all this year I hope...in the mirrors!
Gadget

abfitness2cv

Gadget not only builds a quick car, makes a mean bacon sandwich, he's also the funniest man from Norfolk since Alan Partridge:).

Happy to report that as of yesterday my spare engine works, towing vehicle sorted, plan to purchase a trailer in January. Just the brakes to sort and those pesky electrics! Blew another lumenition pack yesterday grrrrr! Back to points for the sake of my sanity.

Hoping to see lots of people coming out to play next year. As Tom Perry said the road trips will be fun and I can't wait to try the exciting new venues. If we are having a car pushing competition, I am (for once) going to competitive ;).

Nick clarke

oulton park 105
croft 178
pembrey 182
cadwell 115
anglesey 203
total one way 783 the joys of living in the midlands  :)

naughtybear

is Oulton park just a one day meeting?
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Trevor Williams

Due to the operating restrictions that Oulton Park works under, they are only allowed a certain (very small) number of events that can run on a Sunday. These are reserved for the big, promoted events ie BTCC, BSB etc. And even then, I think they can only start things after 12 noon on Sundays.
So, more than likely just a one day event
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Frank Barnard

Quote from: Trevor Williams on December 24, 2013, 14:36:02
Due to the operating restrictions that Oulton Park works under, they are only allowed a certain (very small) number of events that can run on a Sunday. These are reserved for the big, promoted events ie BTCC, BSB etc. And even then, I think they can only start things after 12 noon on Sundays.
So, more than likely just a one day event
Tidings of comfort and joy? Motor Sport reports that Mallory has been saved, not that we're going there...