Main Menu

Spa 24 Hour 2014.

Started by Bodger, December 26, 2013, 18:33:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodger

Can anyone help with these questions ? Anglesey is further away from me than Spa....

Does anyone know the date of the Spa 24 Hour Race yet ?
What racing licence does one need for this race ?
How may cars usually race in the UK Class ?
How does this compare with the Snetterton race ?

Thanks, Bodger.

Derek Coghill

I don't know the date, but it's usually at the end of October.

You'll need a National A licence; number of British cars varies; it's not really comparable with Snetterton - much bigger and with more, faster cars.

Bodger

Derek,

Thanks for the response.

Are the UK compliant cars OK in this race or are they completely outclassed ?

Are there any track days just for 2 CV's to practice ?

Paul

From memory the best placed UK car was Richard Dalton way back in 2000 and they were outside of the top ten.Since the Euro cars became more reliable with the use of the BMW 850 engine you will be lucky to make the top 20 overall.

Derek Coghill

We finished mid-field (30-somethingth) in Richard Hollis' car fitted with my engine in 2008.

Because of the Belgian cars' permitted cut-away rear bodywork, some of the most fun I had was seeing how far inside their cars I could get the nose of ours when slipstreaming......

Nick Roads

Provisional date for Spa 2014 is 17-19 October.
The Belgians have a GB class for teams to run cars to GB specification. Belgians think of us as GB not UK.
Last year there were 4 GB teams in that class.
53 teams entered overall and top GB car 28th.

UK spec cars around 30 seconds slower than the Hybrid/ Prototype classes. http://www.24h2cv.be/photos2013/2013_24_Heures_2CV_2CV_Cup_Qualifying_Race.pdf

There is an open pit lane testing for (most of) Friday before the race.

Not sure of pricing this year at the moment. Likely to be around the same price as for the UK race.

Frank Barnard

Quote from: Nick Roads on December 29, 2013, 08:50:54
Provisional date for Spa 2014 is 17-19 October.
The Belgians have a GB class for teams to run cars to GB specification. Belgians think of us as GB not UK.
Last year there were 4 GB teams in that class.
53 teams entered overall and top GB car 28th.

UK spec cars around 30 seconds slower than the Hybrid/ Prototype classes. http://www.24h2cv.be/photos2013/2013_24_Heures_2CV_2CV_Cup_Qualifying_Race.pdf

There is an open pit lane testing for (most of) Friday before the race.

Not sure of pricing this year at the moment. Likely to be around the same price as for the UK race.

Nick, can you remind me of the average cost of an arrive 'n' drive?

Nick Roads

depends on the teams and class

steve sykes helps try and place drivers with euro class cars but its around £ 2000 a drive for one of the front running cars. They are getting more reliable but quite a few do not finish.

uk class will depend on entry fee and who is going £ 1250 + I would estimate for 2014 for a simple arrive and drive with a cup a soup every time you get back in the pits as the catering option. 

Mick Storey

cup of soup - posh git. We scraped the roadkill of the front of the car and lightly grilled it on the exhaust while the oil was being checked, or more frequently, while the pistons were being checked for holes

nick nice toes

I think we chose the posh option and cooked our meals on the brake discs  ;D

Chris Yates

Quote from: Mick Storey on December 31, 2013, 13:13:28
cup of soup - posh git. We scraped the roadkill of the front of the car and lightly grilled it on the exhaust while the oil was being checked, or more frequently, while the pistons were being checked for holes

Luxury! :D

edmcd

Can I put in a bid for a drive at the Spa 24 Hour. I did the Mondello 24 Hours in 1995,96 & 97, and have raced many times at Spa. Looking to do substantial articles for my journalist outlets in UK and international. Also looking for drive at Pembrey 24 Hours.
Thanks
Ed McDonough
[email protected]