Main Menu

2014 24 Hour Race August 29-31 - Anglesey as venue confirmed and entry details

Started by Nick Roads, January 09, 2014, 20:50:28

Previous topic - Next topic

naughtybear

Quote from: Paul on January 13, 2014, 23:25:56
Ah,but you didn't Have to do Mallory as it was non championship,however the pembrey 2hr is ,so therefore in terms of the championship an expensive addition.
I noticed this thread as the only easy way to find the costs for the forthcoming season,and we were promised at the agm that this year's 24hr would be cheaper, not better value for money ,
but cheaper. It quite clearly is not.
I have to say I feel the information given at the agm was misleading at best and had we been presented with the correct prices the 2hr race may not have been so readily accepted.

I strongly agree!
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

naughtybear

what is really getting me is we know have to do the pembrey 2hr endurance if  we want to really take part in the full championship -  but surely when we agreed to have it as a championship round we or certainly I wasn't expecting it to be approx. £400 so one of the discussed points has drastically changed ........... could we possibly make the 2hr pembrey endurance like the Mallory park round from last year and take it out of the equation for points and adjust full season entry fees accordingly for both class of cars?

Frank Barnard

Quote from: Nick Roads on January 13, 2014, 18:50:57
Paul - Mallory was the 5th race at £ 330 in 2013 which most teams did. So you need to add that to your figures. Also the average that teams paid to do all the races was around £ 1450 in 2013 as not everyone got the discounts so I feel it is more racing hours, less travel time for the same amount for the average team.

Might pay to start a new thread under  Races (not 24 Hours) on this is not that relevant to 24 Hour?

Can we stop harping on about less travel time?

Paul

Quote from: Nick Roads on January 12, 2014, 19:10:58
Wayne

I was not at AGM but the decision to support Economy Class was agreed at the previous Board Meeting and was clearly an effort to try and support low cost racing.

Nick,can you tell us which board meeting this was at? I have asked sammie about it and the only thing she has minuted from the last board meeting she attended is that Richard Hollis brought up the possibility of a discount but no conclusion or action is minuted.

Nick Roads

edmcd

I did the 24 Hour races at Mondello in 95,96 and 97, and would like to do your Pembrey race, so any conatcts from a team looking for an experienced driver, please contact me. As before, will be planning to make this an extended piece for my journalist outlets in UK and abroad.
Thanks
Ed McDonough  [email protected]

gadget

with all the recent talk about the cost of this forthcoming season, i would like to put forward a proposal for the Board to consider.

As this is the Silver aniversary of the club,and as the club has in exess of £50,000 in the bank, would it not be a good idea that the club fund the cost of the 2 hour race at Pembrey. in years gone bye the board and members of the club agreed that it would always keep a "fighting fund" of £5,000 just in case. we now seem to have 10 times that. to do what with???
It was discussed and implied  at the AGM that the cost of the 24 Hr would be less,as it was also said that the cost of a 2 hour race at Pembrey would be zero or maybe £100 or so.

would this not be an ideal time for the board to make a decision and say, make the 2 hour free?

what would it cost the club??? How much is this race costing the club?  it would be a nice jesture to the members and encourage more people to go to Pembrey. at the end of the day it is the members moneythat we are talking about here.
we could make it a 25th aniversary race and get some nice trophies.it would also perhaps encourage some of the once a year 24 hr teams to come out for another event and experience some sprint racing.
i am sure the club could afford to fund this as i've said and to be honest what are we keeping all this money for?,if not to go racing.
come on Board,do the right thing here and stand by what was said at the AGM.

Gadget

Frank Barnard

Quote from: gadget on January 22, 2014, 12:07:52
with all the recent talk about the cost of this forthcoming season, i would like to put forward a proposal for the Board to consider.

As this is the Silver aniversary of the club,and as the club has in exess of £50,000 in the bank, would it not be a good idea that the club fund the cost of the 2 hour race at Pembrey. in years gone bye the board and members of the club agreed that it would always keep a "fighting fund" of £5,000 just in case. we now seem to have 10 times that. to do what with???
It was discussed and implied  at the AGM that the cost of the 24 Hr would be less,as it was also said that the cost of a 2 hour race at Pembrey would be zero or maybe £100 or so.

would this not be an ideal time for the board to make a decision and say, make the 2 hour free?

what would it cost the club??? How much is this race costing the club?  it would be a nice jesture to the members and encourage more people to go to Pembrey. at the end of the day it is the members moneythat we are talking about here.
we could make it a 25th aniversary race and get some nice trophies.it would also perhaps encourage some of the once a year 24 hr teams to come out for another event and experience some sprint racing.
i am sure the club could afford to fund this as i've said and to be honest what are we keeping all this money for?,if not to go racing.
come on Board,do the right thing here and stand by what was said at the AGM.

Gadget

Now there's a damned good idea...

Lien93

naughtybear

Caryl Wills

This is an excellent idea. The significant funds accumulated by the club are as a result of members membership fees and members race entry fees. On the basis this is a racing club what better use to put those funds to - racing. I believe this would attract a few 24 hr cars we don't normally see at sprint meetings and may encourage a better turn out at Anglesey too.