Main Menu

Pembrey Enduro

Started by abfitness2cv, January 27, 2014, 10:21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

abfitness2cv

As we don't have much time left to pay before the discounted entry fees expire, perhaps it might be an idea to start matchmaking for the Pembrey Enduro?

I'm planning to do the sprints in my car, but looking for a ride with someone else for the Enduro. According to the proposals, there are three pit stops per car in this race- but no refuelling. The recovery truck and the marshalls are going to be busy!

abfitness2cv

How does it work if you want to take advantage of the early bird discount, but your sharing another car for the Enduro? I'm sure that I can't be the only one considering this option. Perhaps a third early bird offer needs to be promoted- with the Pembrey Enduro removed.

neandethal

Adam seems to be right about no refuelling, which given our fuel intervals at Snetterton means we will be pushing it across the line!

Is this really the case?

Paul

Everyone should be able to do 2hrs on a full tank. My rough calculation is that you would be doing less than 22mpg not to make it. Everyone managed croft so pembrey should be no different.

Matthew Hollis

Or you could run a solex  ;)

abfitness2cv

Fairly sure that 'The Pie Man' ran a Solex at Snett for both 24 hours races that he's competed in. I ran a Solex in my only UK 24hr (in the wet) and would not do 2 hrs on a tank.

Getting these things to run efficiently and quickly is definitely a dark art that only those who've competed for many years, have workshop or garage support or enough spare cash for frequent rolling road trips/testing and rebuilds can crack. I accept that is how motorsport works, but this championship is meant to be a simple low cost, one make series. Sure you can get on the grid for a relatively small amount, but you'll be nowhere. Perhaps this is why attracting and retaining new racers is challenging. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree:-).

Paul

Blimey,on a solex you should be able to do 2.5hrs on a full tank,and 2 hrs on a tuff jug.
The only art nowadays is listening and taking help when it's offered,why should people continue to waste their breath giving advice when they know it is being ignored?
Plot 29 for the weber posted on the announcements section is a setup that we still use, will do over 2hrs and has won championships including last season.
Jetting for the solex has hardly changed in the last 15 years unless you are using some form of forced air.so here:

PF 135
PA 130
SF 90 / 92/95   95 preferred
SA  1f2 130/140/150 140 preferred
Float height 16mm

If these don't work you more than likely have carbs that need ultrasonic cleaning,or sealing onto the manifold properly.

nick nice toes

We have run a solex for the last 2 seasons and in both 24 hr races bave managed well over 2 hrs.
In the wet during the 24hr 2012 race. 3 hrs was possible easily.
I thank you.

abfitness2cv

As I said before, yet to run a Weber. It is set to the plot that you put on the site a few years ago Paul. Running with the assistance of Hollis Motorsport last year meant that running a Weber was not allowed;-) Have no choice this year as the Solex's I have are leaking. I made a rookie error in thinking a Tuff Jugg was a tank full, whoops! In which case I eat my words with a dose of humble pie.

neandethal

Interesting.
We elected to run the Solex for Snetterton and struggled to go 2 hours before drivers complained of fuel starvation symptoms,(choosing my words carefully) in preferance to the Weber as we read that the solex should be more economical. Obviously we hadnt got the solex set up right and would have been better off on the weber.
will check my tank in case the fuel pick up pipe is bent and not drawing from the bottom of the tank.
sounds like a test day is in order once car is back together, and run until run out of fuel to see if we were all paranoid :) :)

naughtybear

Quote from: abfitness2cv on January 29, 2014, 16:04:11
Fairly sure that 'The Pie Man' ran a Solex at Snett for both 24 hours races that he's competed in. I ran a Solex in my only UK 24hr (in the wet) and would not do 2 hrs on a tank.

Getting these things to run efficiently and quickly is definitely a dark art that only those who've competed for many years, have workshop or garage support or enough spare cash for frequent rolling road trips/testing and rebuilds can crack. I accept that is how motorsport works, but this championship is meant to be a simple low cost, one make series. Sure you can get on the grid for a relatively small amount, but you'll be nowhere. Perhaps this is why attracting and retaining new racers is challenging. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree:-).

I must agree on the point of attracting new racers! and to be quite honest I am now finding it increasingly difficult to get replies to questions about the upcoming season etc etc also due to not been able to get to the first half of the agm  had to wait TWO months for the minutes to be published
but that's only my opinion as a potential new racer.
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

gadget

can't see what the problem is on info.
when I started racing I was at the back as well.

one does find that one gets nearer the front when puts in more effort!

I am usually at the TGR workshop on weekends if anyone local wants help.
my contact is 07768441094
Gadget