Main Menu

2014 membership fees

Started by gadget, March 17, 2014, 21:34:26

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget

hi all,
I was under the impression that the add on race at oulton park was non championship, but if you wanted to do it, it would be £50.00.
I was also under the impression that we were getting a £50.00 discount for the 2hr race at pembrey." all good news"
I have been informed today that the "earlybird" package is now for an inclusive race package regardless of whether you do the non champ round at oulton or not?
I'm sure that the posting by Merv said £50 quid for oulton extra race and £50 quid off the price of pembrey.
we seem to be in the house of commons as far as information is concerned at the moment. at the AGM we were definitely told that the 2hr at pembrey would be cheap if not free. that was the impression given. we were also told that we were going to angelsey because it would be cheaper. I don't think I am the only person that heard that. to add to that we were going to angelsey because we could " pick which weekend we wanted"

SO THAT IS WHY WE ARE GOING TO ANGELSEY-------- THE WEEKEND AFTER THE BANK HOLIDAY

back to the point in question.
I cant for the life of me see how we can be forced to pay for a non championship round that we as a team cannot do.
I accept the discount for pembrey as a good gesture and it does seem a lot fairer for all. but to be forced to pay for a non championship round that you can't do? do me a favour.

while I'm on the apple box, I have heard on the grape vine that the forum is going to be closed down to all non members of the club!
is this the case?
has the membership been consulted?
is this a subject that needs bringing up at the next AGM before such a ridiculous decision is made?
we get quite a lot of interest from new members on the forum. we get interest from many people who maybe are thinking of joining the club as race members on the forum.
we also get a lot of participation from people who may not be members at the moment, but have been staunch supporters of the club for as long as I can remember, Bass, Rockhopper,Bully,shaun calvert to name just a few.
why the hell do we want to close down this line of participation????

it seems to me that some decisions are being made without the full knowledge of the members of the club and I think this needs to be addressed.
do we need to call an EGM to be held at oulton park to discuss issues that seem to be railroaded through??

1  paying for non championship races that seem to be compulsory?

2 shutting down access to the clubs online lifeline

having been on the board myself, many moons ago, I do appreciate the hard work that goes into running the club.
I also believe that it should be run for the member's best interests.
this year, we seem to have lost any form of discount for being a supporter of the club last year. we seem to have lost any form of discount for the 24hr. it seems that being a loyal member of the club year after year counts for didly squat at the moment.
I was always a supporter of the initiative brought in a few years ago by, I think Paul Robertson and Steve Panas which was to make the most of our best asset, the 24hr race. it always gave the club a good income to support the rest of the season. that way you use your best asset to subsidise the membership. at the moment I can't see that the club is being supportive towards it's most loyal members.
regards gadget

Paul

Quote from: gadget on March 17, 2014, 21:34:26
hi all,
I was under the impression that the add on race at oulton park was non championship, but if you wanted to do it, it would be £50.00.
I was also under the impression that we were getting a £50.00 discount for the 2hr race at pembrey." all good news"
I have been informed today that the "earlybird" package is now for an inclusive race package regardless of whether you do the non champ round at oulton or not?
I'm sure that the posting by Merv said £50 quid for oulton extra race and £50 quid off the price of pembrey.
we seem to be in the house of commons as far as information is concerned at the moment. at the AGM we were definitely told that the 2hr at pembrey would be cheap if not free. that was the impression given. we were also told that we were going to angelsey because it would be cheaper. I don't think I am the only person that heard that. to add to that we were going to angelsey because we could " pick which weekend we wanted"

SO THAT IS WHY WE ARE GOING TO ANGELSEY-------- THE WEEKEND AFTER THE BANK HOLIDAY

back to the point in question.
I cant for the life of me see how we can be forced to pay for a non championship round that we as a team cannot do.
I accept the discount for pembrey as a good gesture and it does seem a lot fairer for all. but to be forced to pay for a non championship round that you can't do? do me a favour.

while I'm on the apple box, I have heard on the grape vine that the forum is going to be closed down to all non members of the club!
is this the case?
has the membership been consulted?
is this a subject that needs bringing up at the next AGM before such a ridiculous decision is made?
we get quite a lot of interest from new members on the forum. we get interest from many people who maybe are thinking of joining the club as race members on the forum.
we also get a lot of participation from people who may not be members at the moment, but have been staunch supporters of the club for as long as I can remember, Bass, Rockhopper,Bully,shaun calvert to name just a few.
why the hell do we want to close down this line of participation????

it seems to me that some decisions are being made without the full knowledge of the members of the club and I think this needs to be addressed.
do we need to call an EGM to be held at oulton park to discuss issues that seem to be railroaded through??

1  paying for non championship races that seem to be compulsory?

2 shutting down access to the clubs online lifeline

having been on the board myself, many moons ago, I do appreciate the hard work that goes into running the club.
I also believe that it should be run for the member's best interests.
this year, we seem to have lost any form of discount for being a supporter of the club last year. we seem to have lost any form of discount for the 24hr. it seems that being a loyal member of the club year after year counts for didly squat at the moment.
I was always a supporter of the initiative brought in a few years ago by, I think Paul Robertson and Steve Panas which was to make the most of our best asset, the 24hr race. it always gave the club a good income to support the rest of the season. that way you use your best asset to subsidise the membership. at the moment I can't see that the club is being supportive towards it's most loyal members.
regards gadget

It does say on the modified entry form that the price is all inclusive Wayne,so yes Team Gadget will be paying £150 not to race,good news for the club.

I don't understand  why the forum is to be shut when it can be moderated ,are we to lose the likes of Trevor and who will know who Simon Scott is? How will the marshals post after the 24hr race? by paying £15? Will forum access finish for everyone on new years eve and will we only be let back on when we receive a passcode with our following years membership?Who will spend the time moderating that?Will they need to be paid? It all seems quite time consuming and very controlling to me.
I understand there have been some defamatory and potentially libellous posts in the past year,i had to ask for a post by Some Swedish Person to be removed,but that is the way of forums,free and moderated, not resrticted and Pay To  View .

gadget

hi paul , it might say inclusive on the entry form, but the e-mail " revised entry form and pricing" definitely says "the endure will now be priced at £150. it then goes on to say that the club has been able to negotiate an extra race at oulton. it goes on to say that it will be non championship and for those competing in the other races that day it will cost an extra £50.
it doesn't say it is compulsory.
gadget

Derek Coghill

I'm all in favour of free speech. If it offends, take it down; I'm not in favour of barring guest posts.

gadget

hi merv,
sorry but I can't see another way of replying to your announcement, so thought it best to reply on the page where the original subject was raised.

many thanks for your kind offer to join the board, which I will have to decline.as you are probably unaware, running 3 to 4 cars and preparing them for meetings does take a considerable amount of my time. time which by some is vastly under valued.
with this in mind, I would find it difficult to donate the time to the board and at the moment I can make my feelings heard through the web site. although by the sound of it, I'm not sure for how long.
I did serve on the board for around 8 years, so think that I have probably done my bit so to speak.

whilst I do understand the difficult decisions that have to be made by the board, I do think there maybe room for a little more transparency on certain items.

without doubt the web site issue is one that needs discussing by the club members before any "GUNG-HO" decision is made by a member of the board. I don't think I am the only person with concerns on this subject.
kind regards
Gadget

Paul

I see our glorious chairman doesn't have his email address open to view,talk about hypocrisy.

Bas

as someone who has been involved in the racing for over 20yrs i  find the idea that Trevor would have to join the club to be able to pass on his nuggets of wisdom and advice  ridiculous........but as a non member(former...... so perhaps) i couldnt possibly comment........
kind regards
Simon Scott
(Bas)   
;)
Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

RLambert

I think access to the forum should be at the discression of the moderator. The important bit is to be able to know who the person is that is posting.

Trevor Williams

And in my opinion, me re-joining the club would produce a potential conflict of interest in my duties as a Clerk.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Bas

:)    somedays Trev its really difficult being you.........
Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

Chris Yates

Quote from: Paul on March 26, 2014, 18:21:13
I see our glorious chairman doesn't have his email address open to view,talk about hypocrisy.

Most members on the forum will have their email address hidden by default, as most people don't want their email address shown in case they get spam. There is a way to publically show your email address, but perhaps the chairman was unaware of this feature.

Steve Panas

;D If Trev couldn't comment/instruct on the forum we would all have to read the Blue book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve. [This time last year 198pts. Now 10]