Main Menu

2014 24 Hour Race Matchmaking Thread for Teams and Drivers

Started by Glenn Oswin, April 19, 2014, 00:50:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Oswin

Hi, I'm looking for 3 possibly 4 drivers for the 2014 24hr race at Anglesey. My car ( number 33 ) normally runs in the top ten, and the package includes ;

Full Race entry including Practise sessions  
Full Team support
Catering for the entire event
Fuel, Tyres, Spares support etc.
Wear and Tear, Light Damage.

£1650 + club membership.

Please contact me through the forum or 07866 166496.

Just had my first podium finish 3rd Yippeee!

Thanks Glenn.  

Martin Harrold

Ralio is the Welsh language TV version of Top Gear, but without the cynicsm.

They want to cover the 24hr from the inside, by placing a journo in a car. He probably won't be very fast as he's not yet done his ARDS test. I'm told that he has a budget available and the car will get a lot of coverage in the programme.

If any team wants to consider recruiting him, please intially contact me at: [email protected]

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Martin Riman

Team twin snails looking for a driver for this years race car no 41 please
Contact me via [email protected] for details
Thanks
Martin

Chris Yates

Former BTCC and WTCC driver Harry Vaulkhard is looking for a seat in a competitive car for this year, or a possibility of a car (and team) to rent.

Please contact him directly at [email protected]

Alec Graham

This fella, oh he should get along just fine..     

"The actual race was shortened after a huge accident between Tom Chilton in the Ford Focus and Harry Vaulkhard in the Cheverolet Lacetti. ... Vaulhard had previous sustained damage with Rob Collard and  Matt Neal."

Perhaps he could race with Foxy? ;D

nick nice toes

Does anybody know of anyone who has a spare seat for this years 24hr. I have a driver who is desperate for a race.
Call me on 07882292447 or reply via here.
Many thanks.

neandethal

Hi,

I have had 2 drivers drop out since Sunday due to genuine reasons and now find myself likely to lose deposit, does anybody know of any likely victims to stalk for a third driver, prices will be very sensible! cheers, Ian.

Chris Yates

Hi all,

Team Herbee is also desperate for drivers, with currently only 2 confirmed. Please harass anyone you may know who is even slightly interested in a drive!

Must be 5' 11" or less, will feed you well, and price will be very reasonable! (around £1100)

Please help another car make the grid, or the field will look pretty thin this year... Contact either me or Maria (hexagon_city @ hotmail.com)

Frank Barnard

Usually 24-Hour drives are the pot of gold for 2CV racers and those keen to sample a mini-Le Mans. Is this apparent change, with teams seeking drivers, not the other way round, due to the move from Snett to Anglesey?

Maisie

Not necessarily, Frank. I've spoken to a lot of potential drivers in my search for team-mates. None of them have cited the location as a reason for not being able to make it. There have been family commitments, date clashes with their own race series, budget shortfalls (none of us are getting any richer and racing isn't getting any cheaper!) and problems getting the time off (Friday testing/qualifying can be a sticking point if your work isn't very flexible). Wherever the race is held, it's going to be inconvenient for *someone*. Some people have had 10 years of the luxury of having the race on the doorstep. Others have had to trek halfway across the country for the same number of years. But if 2CV racing is your thing, it's a sacrifice well worth making.

Maria
Blueberry Tart ;)

Frank Barnard

I've never had the luxury of having a race on my doorstep. I started off in '96 @ Silverstone, Mallory, Pembrey prepping for Mondello, none exactly doorstep material for a southern b*****d, but this was leavened over the seasons with occasional rounds at Brands & Lydden; Brands again last year, a great treat. Make no mistake Maria, 2CV racing is, or maybe was, my thing & I know all about making sacrifices to be on the grid. But a broader spread of fixtures would be welcome, particularly for old codgers like me who can't face the travelling any more and would like to indulge in a few one-offs, if not on the doorstep at least a bit closer to home. However, I do understand the reasons for the current calendar so perhaps you're right; it's a case of no longer being prepared to make the necessary sacrifices to race in the championship. The thing is, I always raced for fun but when it starts to become a chore, and an expensive one at that, it's probably time to quit. Or at least invest in another formula. Having said all this, if you see a plea for a drive in next year's 24-Hours don't be too surprised...

Paul

Go on Frank, £1100,, you could split the journey,stop in a nice hotel each way, and be at the start of the latest chapter of the 2cv 24hr race. It's not like you have to do the trip in one go. There's always the new zip wire at Bangor to have a flight on too😊

Frank Barnard

You silver-tongued devil you. Sounds like quite an agenda. Supply an engine like the one you built for us in '96 and I may just do what you say...next season.

Chris Yates

There are still a few teams looking for extra drivers, even at this late stage, so if you're still thinking of a drive in this year's 24 hour, please post here, or send me a message.

Derek Coghill

Following today's conversations, I'm after a drive if there's one going.