Main Menu

Pembrey in response to Mervyn

Started by Andrew Bull, May 20, 2014, 21:51:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Bull

Hi all, As a response to mervyn (as no replies allowed on the official bit)

I agree, with all that was said.  A great weekend with some superb weather.  

Pembrey still has its odd ways and methods, such as not being allowed to refuel a car (due to damage and lost all its fuel) during the 2hr race, even when it was in 'our paddock area' without scrutineer present.  (marshals were a little confused about that one) we sorted it in the end but it costs the starfish boys a lot of time.  

On the subject of our paddock, as Mervyn said it was extremely handy not to have to carry equipment etc round to the pit lane, however the only issue that we had, (except the obvious nervous moments during truck races) is that those whom turned up with families were not allowed to camp in the paddock. This enforced some separation in the 2cv camp as there were 2 families I know of who suffered from this irregularity.  There must be some distinction between paddock, apron, and pit lane, and as there is none at Pembrey then the whole area is deemed 'pit lane and as such should any of us been in there?  
Maybe some feedback to the BARC about this and the need for them to accept that the grass (within the 2cv paddock as was) should be made to be general paddock, and where most of our vans were (which I assume is the foundation for garages) is lined off and deemed as garage / apron and no go for kids. At snett for example we know where the line is for children and can manage that.  

All in all though a very enjoyable weekend, but a late night back on sunday.  I managed the 5 hours drive with only a quick re-fuel and a piss.  and amazingly didn't feel sleepy behind the wheel once.   :o

see you all at cadwell
Bully
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Andrew Bull

Oh and does anyone else still have ringing in their ears from the "Top Female Vocalist"???? ;D
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Steve Panas

;DI was more nervous about the aircraft looping above us.

Scooterman

I was very much in the dog house over the paddock access for families. I think Simon was as well. Other than that I think it was a fantastic event.

Simon Crook

Such an easy thing to manage - one line of crowd barriers along the pit lane job done, good to watch the 2hr race well done and great to see you all.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING