Main Menu

Heated windscreen

Started by Nick Paton, June 03, 2014, 18:34:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Paton

Hello comrades,

Is anyone interested in a heated windscreen for their 2CV?

Cost is likely to be £150+

Currently getting a quote....

N

Louis

Fantastic idea,

I'll be interested, maybe in more than one - probably also worth contacting ECAS.

Louis

Aubrey Brocklebank

Dear Nick they are about £30 from Matt's soft tops off the shelf

Aubrey
Aubrey

Nick clarke

I think Matt does heated REAR screens for £30 I think nick means front screens

Nick Paton

You're bang on the money there Nick... I am talking about the front screen...

N

Paul

Have you asked the technical committee about this? I would say it's a change in design and material.However if it has been ok'ed i would be interested in one too.

5.  TECHNICAL REGULATIONS
5.1  Introduction:
The following Technical Regulations are set out in accordance with the MSA specified format and it should be clearly understood that if the following texts do not clearly specify that you can do it you should work on the principle that you can not. For the purposes of these regulations, modification means any change in the design, material, shape, dimension and / or surface finish of any component except for basic manufacturing processes, normal wear and published service or repair procedures. 'Standard' is as defined in Citroen manuals MAN108161 and MAN 308162

Andrew Bull

I recall drawing this up and investigating it myself a few years ago.  The defining factor back then was the current required being too high to run off a 'standard' alternator without reliability concerns.  If my memory serves me right, i was advised around 30A. 

:-\
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Nick Paton

OK... so the screens are 300+VAT.. they draw no more than 12 amps... so will be fine with standard electrics..

If anyone wants one can they please get back to me by the end of the week?

Best

N

gadget

I think this nick paton fella must be a builder!
In the space of 5 replies he has managed to get an estimate from £150 to £300.
definitely builder's estimating.
Gadget

Paul

Still hasn't said he's spoken to Richard hollis and it complies with the regs either Wayne. I'm not spending that sort of money on something that will have to be replaced or 40kg of ballast added for non compliance. Especially now the technical inspections are so rigorous.

coxm

If anyone is interested, Ricky Evans now have a motorsport spec screen available.

http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatalog/citroen-heated-windscreens.html

Paul

Why would you buy one when they are not allowed according to this years regs?

Alec Graham

I think they are in the SR's
they were allowed in on safety grounds.
I think.

Chris Yates

Heated windscreens are not mentioned at all, so you should "work on the assumption that you can not"

The only mention of the material in connection with windscreen is: "The windscreen shall be of HPR laminated glass"

coxm

I understand that there will be a technical bulletin to allow them on safety grounds, which is their entire purpose.  Not being able to see is dangerous; and hanging various fans and other contraptions off the dashboard is also dangerous in a big crash.  Please feel free to check with Mervyn or Aubrey.