Main Menu

Review of Rules

Started by Louis, July 31, 2014, 10:43:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Shouldn't we just police 5.1 and make everyone do as it says?
That way we don't get £300 windscreens that are not of standard design ,fuel pipes running through the car,5 holes in the bonnet, bodyshell bits missing etc,etc.
We used to have a rule that the scrutineer would list in snails pace any mods not permitted.In the absence of any meaningful scrutineering we could resurrect this using the technical committee.
If they believe it to be an historical mod that everyone knows and plenty use (like shortening driveshaft outer sliding joints or fitting heat sinks) they can decide if the modification is permitted, or not, and report it in snails pace. Those permitted mods would then go to the agm to be ratified for the following years regs. a bit like blue book updates.

Trevor Williams

Louis,
In my view, as someone who would have to deal with any protest (but thankfully never will have to in 2CV Racing), the regulation regarding the the elctrical system is not contradictory in any way shape or form.
The standard electrical system for a 2CV of the age that are raced in the UK is 12 volts, negative earth. If you comply with that, no problem. If you don't, problem
You are permitted to modify or replace the wiring loom. Either do it or don't, its your choice...

I will state again, the regulations are not as bad as some people seem to believe.

Cheers

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Bas

If it doesn't say you can then you can't...... Being a Midlands simpleton that's the way I read it.........
Tete Rouge Racing since 1993

Richard hollis

I probably should read the forum a bit more! I think we are trying to tidying up the loose ends of our regulations and have certainly increased the presents of technical inspections by the technical committee.