Main Menu

13 amp sockets in Paddock area - NO CABLES TO CROSS THE FIRE LANE

Started by Nick Roads, August 19, 2014, 21:26:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

All teams please note that there are to be no cables across the Fire Lane at Anglesey.
They have had an accident in last month where a bike picked up a wire.

There are 32 16 amp sockets in the Paddock area which can supply 240 Volt to paddock area.
These must be connected using the correct weatherproof fittings - same used for caravans

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gewiss-Blue-16amp-Plug-2-Pin-Earth-230-240v-Caravan-Hook-Up-/271406289244

Above is a supplier on ebay for a socket. Teams simply need to buy one of these if they do not have one already to connect to extensions. Cables should be correctly sized for their use.

You cannot therefore connect a standard 3 pin 13 amp extension into the supply sockets.

Also no drilling into the tarmac for fixing of marquees etc.
No water or TV co-ax to come across the fire lane.

gadget

Can we run a cable over the fire lane then??
if so how high do we need to make it??
teabag

Nick Roads

We have spent ages on this point with AC trying to get them to allow cables across/ over fire lane.
They say they will not allow any cables across was the result ):
They are helpful on other items so hope teams can work round this easily.

TeaBag - could get inspiration from Gaza and go under perhaps?

Maisie

I'd rather they just banned bikes in the paddock (assuming they were talking about pushbikes). I've lost count of the number of times I've nearly been taken out by some kid blatting round from behind a camper van or something.
Blueberry Tart ;)

gadget

what about water hook up to caravans and motorhomes.
are there taps in the paddock area.

teabag

Paul

I estimate we will need 150m of cable to reach our kitchen and motor homes,these cables will have to pass every other teams motor homes on the way to ours,is this really safer in an unlit paddock than running across the firelane in cable protectors?

Louis

The bike teams had run cables across the fire lane yesterday as we left.

Nick Roads

Aubrey was at Anglesey on Friday and put our case strongly.

There may be a compromise for some of the garages (1-6) and (17-22) to go across the fire lane but they will have to then use at least 10 metres of cable protectors if they do. No cable protector then use the caravan points.

If anyone wants to swap garages if they are not in the above and use cable protectors let me know asap.

Christine Savage

10m??  The standard size for cable covers is 9m... so it'd have to be 2 joined together.