Main Menu

Rev Counter - wiring

Started by bluewater, August 24, 2014, 08:49:56

Previous topic - Next topic

bluewater

Hi All, Has anyone fitted a tacho to their 2CV?  On the rev counter there is four spade connectors with the following notes on the installation instructions

1. connect to rpm signal
2. Connect to ground
3. to Ignition +12v.
4. Connect to dash lighting

On one side of my coil I have +12v which comes on with the ignition, (I was going to connect to number 3 terminal, on the list) - where do you take the signal feed from (number 1 on the list) ? Possible the other side of the coil - that cable goes down to the contact breakers, or do I break into the cable that comes back from the points?

Any help appreciated. There is standard contact breakers and an ECAS modern hi voltage yellow coil (M1001) fitted.

thanks
bluewater

Nick clarke

Yes normally just connect to coil- for signal I would not take the power from + side of coil as this could cause interference to the Rev counter I would find 1 in the car just run 1 wire in to engine bay

bluewater

Thanks, so just to make sure I've got it 100%, take the rev counter signal from the contact breaker side of the coil and to take the +12v, not from the igntion side of the coil - but from somewhere inside the car dash.

Cheers