Main Menu

Pembrey

Started by Mervyn Rundle, May 20, 2014, 17:34:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Mervyn Rundle

I am sure that many people think I only post when the sun comes out.  Well, it certainly did last weekend!  Pembrey was a wonderful event with very close and competitive racing throughout.  An easy track to underestimate as some people discovered but I hope everyone will agree that it was worth the trip.  The endurance race was undoubtedly the highlight of the weekend and if the 3rd place train was anything to go by then we ought to be applying for a rail franchise!  Anglesey will be seriously exciting if this was just the prelude. 

Having our paddock immediately beside the pit lane made for a great atmosphere and easy maintenance although I was just a touch worried what would happen if one of those noisy smoking trucks oversteered a bit and headed our way!  All in all though a wonderful weekend - well done and thank you to everyone who took part especially the MSA/BARC officials and Marshals.

I would just mention that the next board meeting is scheduled for the 24th June when we will be finalising arrangements for the 24 hour.  If you have any ideas as to how we can make it an even better event then please email your thoughts in.  Just in case there is any doubt my email is [email protected] or if you want to be boring [email protected]

Also just a reminder – the closing date for submitting proposals for amending the technical regulations is July.

Cadwell is the next track to host great 2cv racing and I look forward to seeing you all there.