Main Menu

2015 points scoring

Started by naughtybear, February 14, 2015, 20:53:20

Previous topic - Next topic

naughtybear

I know how the points score for the club class, I was wondering if both club class and Economy will score the extra points for pole and fastest lap. Also will the eco class score points in its own championship AND the overall championship? (all this is assuming there are enough eco entries to form a "class" of their own)
so for example, eco class cars A, B and C finish 14th 16th and 18th overall respectively with car A posting pole for class and fastest lap in race one, race two Cars A, B, and C finish 19th 18th and 16th overall respectively and again car A posting pole and fastest lap the scores would be...... car A 35 overall and 196 eco championship Car B 25 overall and 180 eco championship and Car C 25 overall and 180 eco championship???????????
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Simon Crook

I suppose in theory Ash, if you won every race you could end up as overall champion  ;D - a bit like Andrew Jordan winning the touring car championship -
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

naughtybear

Highly unlikely even with a turbo, a full width under tray and my top secret rear diffuser!
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Matthew Hollis

There has never been a separate scoring for Economy Class as there has never been enough cars. But I agree that logically, if there is more than one car, they should have their own independent scoring for class pole position/fastest lap and finishing positions etc. Not sure if they should then also score in the main championship   :-\

However, ultimately there is nothing in our regs to allow for the Economy Class to have separate scoring. As per the below (which I have copied from the 2014 regs) the Economy Class forms part of 'The Championship' and therefore should only score points as part of that. This permittedly overrules the MSA 'Blue Book' scoring system in section W.

It doesn't stop us awarding a trophy to the Economy Class winner for each race, or having an Economy Class champion at the end of the year (which will have to be the highest placed Economy Class driver in the Championship as there are no other rules determining how it is decided - much like the Rookie of the Year). There is a potential flaw in this, so I will propose that the Economy Class does have its own scoring for 2016 onwards, but that can be discussed at a later date.

1.5.2 The Championship will contain two classes:
a) Club Class b) Economy Class

1.6 Scoring:

1.6.1 Drivers competing in two cars in an event must nominate their points scoring car prior to qualifying. If no car is
nominated, the first car driven will be counted.

1.6.2 Points will be allocated to ALL Competitors as listed in the Final Results, including competitors contracted for single events, and for their actual finishing position as follows:-
100, 90, 80, 75, 70, 65, 60, 55, 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, plus 10 for all other finishers.
Plus 5 points for pole position and 3 points for fastest lap.
Points for pole position and fastest race lap shall be awarded to the competitor setting the relevant time.

1.6.3 Drivers who share a car at a meeting other than the 24 hour event shall score the total of their own points AND the points of the driver whom they share the car with.

1.6.4 The totals from all qualifying rounds run will determine final championship points and positions.

1.6.5 Ties will be allowed with the exception of first place in the Championship which shall be resolved using the formula in Regulation W1.3.4. of the current MSA Yearbook.