Main Menu

race kit for Sammie

Started by naughtybear, March 31, 2015, 15:26:06

Previous topic - Next topic

naughtybear

hi guys, as you are all probably aware Sammie has damaged some of her race kit. After discussion with a couple of others I think we could rally round and get a collection going towards her new gear. Would it be possible for the funds to be collected centrally by the club and then passed on?????????

your thoughts would be appreciated

racing regards Ash
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Caryl Wills

Great idea Ash. I'm seeking help from the board to administer a fund. I'll keep you posted.

Hayley

I think this is a lovely idea-
I also think it would be nice to have a collection towards the air ambulance charity that came out to the circuit for Sammie-
Just an idea- I'm throwing out there- Simon Turner and myself will be making a donation if anyone wants to join us please feel free-
Thanks in advance

gadget

hi all,
Hayley that is a very good idea and I and others would certainly contribute to that.
I just wonder if it would have a better result if it was done at Angelsey 24hr event as there would be a bigger audience to collect from.
just a thought.

Also on the subject of Sammie and replacing her kit.
I think it's an excellent idea Caryll, to get the board to administer something like that.
I can't for one minute imagine that anyone would poo poo that idea. I will start the fund off with £25.00.
No doubt Merv will be in charge of the collection so I will give it to him at Brands Hatch.
I don't necessarily think we should start a precedent here, but sometimes there can be special circumstances. I think this is probably one of them.
Also at the end of the day I would like to think the club would rally round and help a member than just ignore the impact it could have to the grid.

Thoughts from Gadget

Scooterman

Nice to see drivers looking out for one another.

We should definitely find a space on our cars for Air Ambulance stickers as well as raising money for them at our events.

Hayley

That's a brilliant idea- does anyone know exactly which branch of air ambulance came out to the circuit?
Feel very chuffed that my first brave effort at commenting on here had been responded to! Thanks Gadget!! 😊
Support by way of stickers on the cars too is a great idea-
See you all soon 🚗💨🏁

Caryl Wills

Thank you for you support everyone and to Wayne for getting the ball rolling.

The board are, understandably, very keen not to set a precedent and suggested that an individual collect donations. I'm happy to do that and pass everyone's donations on to Sammie in a single payment at the end of April. I think there will be some folk who would like to make anonymous donations and for that reason I won't publish the names of those donating. I will use this thread to keep a running total of the amount donated so far. If you would like to make a donation, please PM me and I'll send you my bank details.

Just so you know, Sammie has to replace her helmet, race suit and under garments.

kinchieman

The BTCC are at Oulton Park on 7 June - Alan Gow the BTCC chief isn't a stranger to 2cv's, would he let the club get a race car into the circuit with a storyboard and a couple of drivers rattling collecting tins to a much bigger crowd of potential donors to the Air Ambulance collection? Might be nice to get a member of the Air Ambulance crew along too.

naughtybear

great idea ^^^^^^^ i would be up for helping out with that!
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Caryl Wills

Thanks to your generosity, we have £200 pledged so far to help Sammie with new kit. Keep it coming!!

Caryl Wills

Caryl Wills

We've reached £250. Thanks everyone, but lets keep going.

Caryl Wills

What an amazing response - thanks everyone. We're now up to £355. Just a week to go and then I'll send Sammie the pot.

Caryl Wills

Some more came in over the weekend - now up to £455. Thanks everyone :)

Caryl Wills

Final tally was £470, which I've paid to Sammie today. What a fantastic result - so thank you everyone.