Main Menu

2015 24Hr

Started by Lien93, April 16, 2015, 08:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Lien93

The club has normally been taking early bird entries for the 24hr long before now. Has anyone any idea what is happening this year? Are we having one, how much is it, when is it and where?

Paul

A very pertinent question Lien.I think it is a matter of finances and not knowing how many cars are going to enter,but how can you find that out when you don't raise the question?
So i will start the ball rolling shall I?
Assuming it is happening
Car 42 Team Grrrrrrrrr 2

nick nice toes

Mim Racing will be entering a team.
Dependent upon costs and availability of drivers and more importantly pit crew.
Unfortunately this year the race classes with the 750mc round at Silverstone so we will be many hands light.

shorty

Logic would suggest that, if the venue is the same, and the cost is more or less the same, then why would the number of participating teams be much different. Surely this too will be more or less, the same. or am I missing something...

Louis

All being well, car 66 will be on the grid.

RLambert

Martin said to me at the weekend that there would be an early bird discount off the entry fee of £2200

Paul

Quote from: shorty on April 16, 2015, 11:01:11
Logic would suggest that, if the venue is the same, and the cost is more or less the same, then why would the number of participating teams be much different. Surely this too will be more or less, the same. or am I missing something...
Logic!logic! This is the Classic 2cv Racing club what has logic got to do with anything?

Paul

Quote from: Paul on April 16, 2015, 08:55:38
A very pertinent question Lien.I think it is a matter of finances and not knowing how many cars are going to enter,but how can you find that out when you don't raise the question?
If you quote this post and add your name we might end up with a list of entries
Assuming it is happening
Car 42 Team Grrrrrrrrr 2
Team Mim
Team Tyson

Glenn Oswin

I should be there, looking for 2 drivers at the moment.

Paul

Quote from: Paul on April 16, 2015, 13:49:43

Quote from: Paul on April 16, 2015, 08:55:38
If you quote this post and add your name we might end up with a list of entries
Assuming it is happening
Car 42 Team Grrrrrrrrr 2
Team Mim
Team Tyson
Glenn Oswin

Mick Storey

We are expecting to enter a girls team and one for the more butch members, so Rosie and Tick Tock (or 55) should be there

RLambert

Porky boys will be out

neandethal

The Pie men hope to appear, again subject to getting drivers

Chris Yates

I hope to appear in something.

Lien93

All of this interest and commitment and still no comment from any member of our board. Am I the only one concerned?