Main Menu

2015 24Hr

Started by Lien93, April 16, 2015, 08:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

Suzanne P

There had better be a race because I need a(nother) excuse to go to Anglesey in the summer and I really need to get a new motorsport photography portfolio before my stagnant "career" dries up completely.😛

Alec Graham

International circuit this time please...  :)

Marty

Not necessary international circuit...
I was at Anglesey as a photograph last year and with coastal circuit, pictures of Corkscrew were awesome !  ;D

Paul

Quote from: Alec Graham on April 17, 2015, 21:28:49
International circuit this time please...  :)
No thanks, not for us.

Martin Harrold

No need to worry about whether there will be a 24 Hour - and Team SeaLion will be there to defend their title.

For sure the cost will be no more than £2300 per car, with £100 early bird as announced at Brands. But I think there are some discussions going on about possibly making adjustments to the format of the weekend to bring the cost down a bit.

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Paul

That's news to us Martin, communication is obviously failing if this thread is the only way to find out if the 24hr is happening and how much it is going to be.

KrisTovey

Crisis will be out in 2 cars.  Definitely Caryls and maybe mine or a new car all together!

Chris Yates

Quote from: Louis on April 17, 2015, 19:02:11
Quote from: Chris Yates on April 17, 2015, 15:50:33
I hope to appear in something.

Mankini?

Not after the court order.

I'm considering entering my car at the moment. Might need some more drivers.

Martin Harrold

Paul:

I can understand where you are coming from, but you've been Chairman in the past and should recall that the 24 hour is an especially challenging event to budget for and stage. Katy, Caryl, Richard and me, all board members, plus Nick who is still assisting in the 24 Hr organisation, were all at Brands and discussing with as many people as possible the likely maximum entry cost and general 24 hr matters. We were also listening to feedback

Personally, I would call that very good communication. Yes, it would have been ideal to have been able to announce it all formally a month ago. But in case you had not heard, some circuit owners are doing their best to push up track hire costs. And as you very well know, there are not too many circuits with a 24 hr permit so our choices are limited. Board members are working hard to put on the best possible 24 Hour event at the lowest practical cost. And some aspects of the negotiations are akin to herding cats.

And if anyone reading this wants to come to a board meeting to see what's going on with a view to bringing their talents and energy along to help with the work of the team, then you would be made very welcome. We often meet just off the M42, jct 1, south of Birmingham.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

coxm

Rent Boys will be there.

Hopefully, we will be fielding two cars this year.

gadget

just to make everyone aware, I will be doing tyres for the 24hour race but please do not leave it until the last minute.
I am happy to take orders at cadwell and croft. at both meetings I will be able to take wheels and tyres away with me and deliver back to you ready for the 24 hour.
don't forget the tyre wear last year!!
it is possible that I can deliver to angelsey but would be better if you can take delivery at croft at the latest.
don't forget that your inability to organise and plan does not constitute an emergency at my workshop!!  get your order in early
Gadget 

Nick clarke

don't forget that your inability to organise and plan does not constitute an emergency at my workshop!!  get your order in early

That has to be one of the best things I have read in a while. Well said Gadget

nick nice toes

It is unlikely looking at the increased costs that mim will be attending.
I'm sure this will please endless people but tbh if the prices increases in the region of 20% as they have this year then the allure of a cheap 24hr race has lost its appeal.
If my figures are wrong please let me know as I am working from last year's figures in my head.....
I do know the early bird discount has decreased by £100 !!!!!
If

Paul

That's a shame Nick ,especially on our 25th anniversary of the race,Tete Rouge will miss you that's for certain.
If you compare the cost with going to spa it does indeed look very expensive .however if we had stayed at snetterton I understand the price would be closer to £4000 for the entry.
  On top of the Early Bird there was a per meeting discount if you had entered all the previous years rounds,that would appear not to exist anymore so those supporting the championship are no longer being rewarded for doing so.
You would have thought with it being our 25th anniversary that the club would be encouraging entries ,we have enough money in the bank to keep the cost the same or only slighlly higher. We are after all a club whose aim is to provide cheap racing for its members.
Many years ago it was decided at agm(therefore minutes should be available) that we would keep a fighting fund of £10,000 and use the remainder to offset racing costs,this large increase in price combined with the 25th anniversary seems like a good time to do just so.

My calculations assuming race fuel will be roughly the same
Anglesey                   Spa
Entry     £2300            £1500
Tyres     £  600            £ 240
Van fuel £   80             £ 200
2nd van  £   80            £ 200         
Ferry 2xvan 1 trailer     £ 200
Total     £3060             £2340