Previous topic - Next topic

Alec Graham

Depends how you look at it
Glenn Oswins car 2014 cost per head £1650
Glenn Oswins car 2015 cost per head £1650

very good car too.

Marty

Paul:
the entry for Spa is perhaps £1500 for UK drivers, but it's absolutely NOT the cost.
All others teams, even "Classic" class, have to pay 4250€ (£3165), without any early birds discount. Since 2014, we hqve to pay free practice (600€) if we want to do it.
UK 2CV races are today in a so much better spirit than Belgium 2CV races  :'(

Glenn Oswin

I have kept the entry price the same as last year as I believe there is a limit to what people consider good value for money,£1800-2000 a drive would need to be a top running car. This year will probably mean I will have to make up the difference depending on what happens during the race. As the entry fee stands without the reduction for entering the whole season, means I have lost what I consider to be my extra damage/ cost/buffer fund.

I think we should consider Spa next year as a championship round if costs keep going up!

cheers Glenn.

nick nice toes

I totally agree with both Paul and Glenns posts.
Myself and James are both happy to race but the cost to find another driver is putting many people off.
Why has the discount for competing in previous races been scrapped and why has the early bird discount reduced by £100.
Glenn should not have to what is in effect pay for others to race his car just so he can help maintain a healthy number of cars on the grid.  

Alec Graham

Hmmm. Okay I see your point. (including Marty). And I'm afraid I don't have the background knowledge to continue this debate on here. But As an aside. It used to cost us £4K. To get a competitive pro kart through the le mans 24 hour hour, and that was back in 1999/2000.  And those things don't even have a roof!

Nick Roads

Britcar 24 Hour this year only had 28 entries and their early bird entry price was £ 5500 - I doubt they broke even.

The Belgians as Marty noted have had a really tough time in last few years as well with keeping their prices reasonable. They had to let Funcups compete for 6 hours last year to try and cover their costs.

We do not have confirmed entry prices for Spa for 2015 as yet so would not rely on £ 1500 as least year. They charge for testing (600 Euros for the day as Marty notes, we only did a couple of hours which was 250 euros) and we had to pay memberships and a couple of other extra costs in 2014 - I am estimating it will be around the same cost for my car as Anglesey this year. This assumes a strong euro exchange rate as well.