Main Menu

24 Hour Costs

Started by Mervyn Rundle, April 27, 2015, 11:59:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Mervyn Rundle

I know there has been some frustration over not formally announcing the 24 hour race fees for this year and for that I would like to apologise to everyone for the delay.  However we have been in a rather tough negotiation to secure the best terms possible for the race which has upset our normal timings. 
Anyway, negotiations are over and the cost will be £2300.00 entry fee with the early bird at £2200.00.  This has been calculated on a similar number of cars to last year although if we could improve significantly on the number of entrants there might (might!) be the possibility of a rebate once final costs are in.  So try to encourage more entrants if you can! 
As there has been a delay, early birds have until the end of May to send in their entry form with deposit payment of £500.00.  Katy will upload the entry form shortly. 
The format of the event will be much the same as last year - open pit lane for most of Friday with qualifying and night qualifying later on.  Detailed timings will be published later.
It occurs to me, though, in writing this post that we shall have all of Saturday and Sunday to ourselves.  (We have investigated allocating the time to another class to keep the costs down but this hasn't proved possible). So with this in mind what time would members like to start?  An earlier start than normal would allow anyone who wished to leave the circuit in good time on the Sunday of course.  Or we could have more open pit lane testing on Saturday morning instead.  Perhaps you could email Katy with your thoughts?
One way or another I am sure its going to be a great event and let us hope that the weather holds good this year.