Main Menu

BARC membership, 2 driver races

Started by Chris Yates, May 05, 2015, 21:26:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

It used to be that in a 2 driver race (or more than 2), only one needed to be a member of the BARC.

Can anyone remember if this is still the case?

Trevor Williams

You will still need to be a racing member of BARC, I believe they do a one-off rate of £30. Contact Thruxton
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul

In previous years it has been that one person in the car must be a member,including at the 24hr race.

Chris Yates

I contacted the BARC about that. They said, no dice. Every driver must be a full member of the BARC "for championship reasons"

Glenn Oswin

Is this just for championship points scoring?

Nick Roads

At 24 hour it has always been the case that it is only 1 person who needs to be a member of BARC.

simon turner

According to our regulations a 'guest competitor' does not have to be a member of BARC and does not have to register for the championship. You must be a member of the club to register for the championship. So guest competitors do not have to be a member of the BARC or the Classic 2CV Racing Club so no fees need to be paid. BARC published the regulations, so if we are following some of these then I don't see how this can not be correct.

1.6.5 Competitors not registered for the Championship may be permitted on an individual round
basis and:
(a) will be deemed "Guest Competitors"
(b) will not score points and for the purpose of points scoring will be ignored
(c) will be allowed to take their place on the podium and qualify for any Event awards
(d) must comply with the eligibility criteria as prescribed in article 1.3 above, with the exception
of 1.3.1 (a & b) and 1.3.2 (a & b) as appropriate.

1.3.1 Entrants must:
(a) be current members of the BARC and
(b) be Registered for the Championship

1.3.2 Drivers and Entrant/Drivers must:
Tête Rouge Racing

Lien93

We need someone who is good at reading to sort our rules out.

Louis

Quote from: simon turner on July 09, 2015, 00:39:23
According to our regulations a 'guest competitor' does not have to be a member of BARC and does not have to register for the championship. You must be a member of the club to register for the championship. So guest competitors do not have to be a member of the BARC or the Classic 2CV Racing Club so no fees need to be paid. BARC published the regulations, so if we are following some of these then I don't see how this can not be correct.

1.6.5 Competitors not registered for the Championship may be permitted on an individual round
basis and:
(a) will be deemed "Guest Competitors"
(b) will not score points and for the purpose of points scoring will be ignored
(c) will be allowed to take their place on the podium and qualify for any Event awards
(d) must comply with the eligibility criteria as prescribed in article 1.3 above, with the exception
of 1.3.1 (a & b) and 1.3.2 (a & b) as appropriate.

1.3.1 Entrants must:

1.3.2 Drivers and Entrant/Drivers must:

I guess it depends on whether the powers that be determine it appropriate.

simon turner

The 'as appropriate' simply means difference between an 'entrant' or a 'driver/entrant' only. It is not a discretionary term.
Tête Rouge Racing

Louis

And that is stated?

Go sign on without your BARC membership, spend the morning arguing that you don't need it, whilst the rest qualify / race.

I'm glad that such a keen interest in the rules was taken last year when I raised a few issues, where has this increased focus come from?

Trevor Williams

Read regulation 7.3.1 and 7.3.2

7.3.1 means that in addition to being a member of BARC and being registered for the Championship and having a race licence, you must also be a racing member of the 2CV racing Club

7.3.2 mentions "day membership" as being one of the conditions applied to being considered for being put forward as a guest driver

There are a few mentions in both board meeting minutes and the agm minutes of 1. Day membership being got rid of, 2. Day membership being reinstated, and 3. Day Membership being discussed at great length

As no one can definitively tell me if there is Day Membership available for me to compete as a guest driver at Croft, it is more than likely that I will not be competing....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Chris Yates

BARC have just sent out the following bulletin to (hopefully) clarify a few things: http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/images/documents/2015/2015_2CV_Bulletin_1.pdf

gadget

forgive me if I'm tick Chris, but I don't think that clarified anything.
after the drivers briefing though, everything was as clear as ................................mud!

Chris Yates

So, while the requirement for every driver in the 24 hour race to be a 2cv racing club member is now pretty clear - does every driver have to also be a member of the BARC, or are most people following the old "only one person has to be a BARC member" theory ?