Main Menu

2CVParts.com Championship standings (after Cadwell Park)

Started by Matthew Hollis, May 28, 2015, 13:00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick clarke

First race get pole set fastest lap and win race then sit back for the year :) 

Scooterman

Totally agree that Matt has made the best of a slightly confusing scoring situation.

The only minor problem, is the interpretation of the number of cars that can be driven in an endurance race, surely that can only be one. Marshalling/Policing anything else would be a headache.

I don't think there is a better points system than the one we have in place. Nominating a point scoring car (if you drive two cars at a meeting) would be a bit daft. Imagine if you nominated the car for scoring that you drove in race 1 and then you were taken out, only to win race two, but not get the points for winning. That could lead to sort of tactics we saw (fail spectacularly) at Croft, in 2012, occurring on a regular basis.

How confusing would alternatives (bar dropped scores) be for most of us? Never mind spectators, followers etc.

Nick Roads

On the 24 Hour question a driver may only compete in one car per class during an endurance race as noted at the beginning of this thread and clearly in MSA blue book.
A driver can compete in a different class in the same endurance race - subject to meeting the driving hours rules.

Scooterman

naughtybear

Quote from: Nick clarke on June 10, 2015, 00:30:17
First race get pole set fastest lap and win race then sit back for the year :) 
Good point!
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Paul

Quote from: abfitness2cv on June 10, 2015, 06:23:19
Totally agree that Matt has made the best of a slightly confusing scoring situation.

I don't think there is a better points system than the one we have in place. Nominating a point scoring car (if you drive two cars at a meeting) would be a bit daft. Imagine if you nominated the car for scoring that you drove in race 1 and then you were taken out, only to win race two, but not get the points for winning. That could lead to sort of tactics we saw (fail spectacularly) at Croft, in 2012, occurring on a regular basis.

That is the gamble you take driving two cars Adam.Maybe we should just say you cannot race two different cars at the same meeting, that would stop this.Or you can only score points with the driver you entered the championship with .

RLambert

It all makes the championship a farce in my mind, fare play to Pete for using the points idiosyncrasies to his advantage, but really he has chosen to drive with John and he needs to score points with John.

Drive another car by all means but the results shouldn't apply to that driver. How can it be fair to swap in your not so good driver for a top driver to help win a championship, isn't this about you and your chosen driver working as a team??

The big loser here is Kris as he should be leading the championship.

I did think that Matt and I would have a shot at the championship but it's all a bit 'pointless' now.

Nick clarke

I thought u shared points to give people who could only afford 1 race a chance if you can drive in both good luck to you and you get your own points
It's starting to look like people think if pete drives both races he will win championship well if he did how could that be wrong ? Are people saying if your good you have to share a car with another driver so you get less points and give others a chance ?

RLambert

I'm not saying the best driver shouldn't win, what I am saying is that the points system shouldn't be manipulated to give a driver an extra advantage when things aren't going well.

If you can afford to do both races you should be doing it in one car, not picking and chosing cars or circuits where you can gain an advantage. if your partner mucks up you need to take the rough with the smooth.

It's just wrong!

Louis

I think the issue here is with the rules, Pete probably didn't think about the knock on - in this instance I have no problem with the way it has worked, but I may have a different view on that in Richard's shoes. I think if there is a belief that the way the points work is incorrect then Richard, Paul and Simon should put together a proposal and submit it for the AGM.

We have yet to get an official update from board meeting though, I guess this will come in the form of the minutes - can't these be written up in Word as they are taken, saved as a PDF and then uploaded the day after the meeting?

I'd probably spend the £400 on making the car faster, not protesting the championship stewards as I think they'll probably side with barc and the club.

Nick clarke

I suppose it's different ways of looking at it I don't see it as a team mate I see it as I get the points of the car I use when I can't afford to do both races if I got offered a drive in race 2 I would take it and expect to get the points I earn not the points mick gets.
I think if we're not careful we could end up only getting the points you earn so any double drivers could never win :(

Scooterman

I guess all of this debate just serves to highlight (as if we needed any proof) how good Pete is. At least by sharing he's giving others a chance.

RLambert

Pete has been suprisingly absent from this thread  ;)

simon turner

It is clear that rule 1.6.1 in the 2014 regulations prevented confusion in the number of points which should be scored for each driver in each race. This rule was removed from the 2015 regulations for whatever reason. I would propose that it is simply put back in.

1.6.1 Drivers competing in two cars in an event must nominate their points scoring car prior to qualifying. If no car is
nominated, the first car driven will be counted.
Tête Rouge Racing

Nick clarke

I still don't belive it's right that you could drive in a race but get the points of another driver.
So if mick races 22 in race 1 then 77 in race 2 it don't matter if he wins he gets points Katy scores ? So if he wins in 77 does he not get the trophy ? Who gets first place points ? I'm sorry but that would be terible . I have read nothing that makes me think the way it's been done for the last 2 years is not the best way.

If you drive you get your points if you only drive 1 race at a meeting you get the points scored by the car you drove at that meeting.