Main Menu

2CVParts.com Championship standings (after Cadwell Park)

Started by Matthew Hollis, May 28, 2015, 13:00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

It's the way it has been for at least 5 years if not 8 the difference this year is the removal of the regulation that said you had to nominate your points scoring car. The way it has been done for the last couple of years is in direct contravention of our regs,if i had been racing lastyear and was looking at the points table as a competitor i would have brought it up then.
the rules are the rules not what is thought the rules are,black and white as written down.
So according to the rules as written and ratified by the MSA and published by The BARC  Pete should" .1.6.2  Drivers who share a car at a meeting other than the 24 Hour meeting shall score the total of
their own points and the points of the driver with whom they share the car."
By only scoring his own points he is in contravention of this regulation.

Louis

So you want Nick and Jon's points adding to Pete's total?

Paul

Well that's what the rules say Louis,rightly or wrongly without the Nominating regulation that is the rule as written., I would like to know if you have multiple drivers in one car if you score their points as well,if so is there the possibility of 400 points for the 2hr race.

1.6.2  Drivers who share a car at a meeting other than the 24 Hour meeting shall score the total of
their own points and the points of the driver with whom they share the car.

Suggests to me that if 3 other drivers score 100 points you share their points.

Pete Sparrow

Dear all.
I have not knowingly raced for a points advantage. I'm sorry that I did well.
I am very upset that people should think this is the case.
I took a drive in reasonably unknown car for 2 reasons, A) I love driving at Cadwell and wanted the chance to race twice (there was no rule to say I can't) and B) I wanted to try and help a fellow competitor out with their car set up. (as I do for anyone that askes me to whether I race the car or not). I did ring round looking for a second drive and this is the first one that came up.
I was unaware of the current rule when I took the drive and previous to knowing this, emailed Mervyn with a nominated car. I could have driven any car and would have happily taken those points. The car i drove has not had a pole or a win previously.
Just so its out there, for Croft I am racing with Kris Tovey in the 2 hour, this was organised at Brands well before any of this came up.
I'm sorry this has become a problem, the rule applies to others as well, not just me. However, it is clear that it is an issue because it looks like I have benefited. I feel sure no one would have noticed if it was someone else.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Nick clarke

Matt has scored me mick and Katy the same way all last year pete no one said anything

Steve Panas

Nice reply Pete. Situation not your problem. The club needs to resolve this issue to ensure another scenario doesn't ensue. To all others who believe Pete needs to use this situation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

naughtybear

Can someone please explain why Pete has an advantage from the scores? All I see is Pete has been awarded the points for two wins as he won both races.........
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

RLambert

It was a fantastic performance Pete with Nicks car. I'm not saying that I was a deliberate act to gain an advantage especially as I don't think anyone was aware of the rule anomaly anyway it's just worked out that way.

Does anyone know why the particular rule Paul is referring to was dropped for 2015 and who requested it?

Matthew Hollis

Quote from: RLambert on June 04, 2015, 11:39:54
Any update from the Board meeting?

I have now had it confirmed that the Board agreed with BARC about the interpretation of the rules and the consistency of application.

Paul

Oh dear. If we are not running to our regulations can someone show me the regulations we are racing to please.

Paul

No one? I thought not, what a farce! First we don't get our rules changes included (something that has never happened before) then we find out that some rules have been changed without informing any/the whole of the board.
I can't wait for the 2hr 2 driver race at croft , a bit of a waste of time for those wanting to get their 24hr teams together.
If we don't have a set of rules to race to that mean anything I can't see the point of entering the 24hr race, think I might join Team Gadget and stay at home.

Alec Graham

Hello Paul
ive been flat out trying to get Rigoletto out the door, harder than it sounds, I can tell you! Finally closed the truck doors about 2am this morning.
So the regs. The way I see them
If you and I share a car at croft for the  2 hour endurance then we both score 100 points.  that's 100 points each. Same applies to the 24 hour race.

If you race my car (that's not an offer btw)! in the first sprint and Adam Bollons car in the second sprint. then you score wherever you finish.
in this scenario:
I share your points when you drive my car and Adam shares your points when you drive his car.
Adam and I have shared our drives and therefore points. You haven't shared a drive because you are competing in both races..
To compete in both races, same car or otherwise.by definition you aren't sharing.
I'm not sure ive quite got to where your contradiction lies, but that's the way I read it..

Paul

All drivers have to share points Alec, at present Pete has only scored his own points he has not shared any other drivers points as stated in the regs he shall do.

Alec Graham

So if you and I swap cars for the second sprint. we score each others points? whose points do we score for the first race our own or each others? or both?
it doesn't make sense.

How it makes sense is this:
if you and I swap cars we aren't sharing.
  we are only sharing if we share the 'competing' not the 'car'

when you look at it like that it makes sense surely.

Paul

Yes, If there are two drivers driving the same car they are sharing. If they are sharing as the regulations are this year they score each other's points, so if you share two cars and do not have to nominate which car you are going to score points in (as per the last 7 years) then you score the points for sharing both cars for both races.