Main Menu

Technical Bulletin June - Important Technical Proposals Deadline Approaches!

Started by Richard hollis, June 15, 2015, 22:41:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard hollis

Technical Bulletin – June 2015

Technical Committee have carried out inspections of safety aspects of the cars at Brands Hatch and Cadwell Park. Rollcages, seatbelt harness mountings and seats frame mountings have all been checked. Individual owners have been advised where necessary and a full report to be issued soon to members soon in the forthcoming Snails Pace.

I have been liaising with the scrutineers at each round and several checks have been made by the scrutineers to ride height, weight, carburettors, handbrakes, brake disc thickness and rollcage mountings. This is a positive step and is the first time for a few years that the scrutineers have taken the time to look at the cars in detail.

The club scrutineering kit has now been partially remanufactured. It is hoped that the full kit should be available to use at Croft. Instructions for use of the kit by the scrutineer are to be written also.

Any new technical proposals for the 2016 season are to be put in writing to myself by email or post before the 1st July 2015. I will be publishing them to the membership within 2 weeks after the 1st July 2015 deadline for transparency reasons. Just to clarify, with the exception of the 24hr weighing proposal, all the remaining technical proposals that were passed at the 2014 AGM will been included into the 2016 regulations, (as should of happened this year). Email address [email protected] Postal Address 129 Shelley Road, Wellingborough. NN8 3DP.