Main Menu

Plastic people barriers

Started by Martin Harrold, July 01, 2015, 22:18:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Harrold

It's important that we help all our spectators at Anglesey enjoy their experience. As a series we have to engage with everyone we can. Citroen are sending 6 Cactus cars and our title sponsor, Elim Citroen, is organsing his sales people so that they will give anyone who wants one a free ride round the circuit on Saturday morning.
  Back in the paddock, with the pedestrian door and the wind, almost all garages had the rear roller shutter down last year. This meant that the long tradition of spectators being able to watch the pit crews in action was lost to most of them. Almost all felt diffident about opening the pedestrian door, and I think we can understand why.
  This year, the plan is to borrow or hire plastic pedestrian barriers and place them inside each garage, so that anyone walking into the garage can stand by the barrier and watch what is going on. Teams can then engage with those visitors if they wish. The barriers are app 2m long. They will cause teams minor invonvenience - but one couple I spoke to after the event had driven their 2CV from Chelmsford (they were regular attendees at Snet) but felt that with the shutter down and the door closed, they were not too welcome to walk into the garage. That's not good as the more spectators we can attract the stronger is our negotiating position with the circuit.
  Every pedestrian garage door will have a sign inviting visitors to simply walk in and up to the barrier. This will also be mentioned in the drivers/cars sheet and in the commentary.
  The barriers are the normal plastic moulded things you see everywhere. We need 12. We can hire them locally, but if anyone can scrounge 12 and get them to Anglesey, it will save the club some cash. 
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Trevor Williams

Martin
If only you had posted this last week.... We have just disposed of a load of "Chapter 8" barriers which would have don the job....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

kinchieman

That's for a 1-week hire but minimum quantity is 100 and minimum hire period 3 months?

Lien93

Simon Crook

I can get 12 free of charge - if someone can pick them up from either Uxbridge or Chelmsford
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

Thanks for the inputs everyone. Tape would be very much easier but would not provide the essential 'leaning' facility.

There are two hire companies on the island that offer them, so I'll see what deal I can do.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

simon turner

No wonder the entry fee is so high if this is what the club wants to spend money on.
Tête Rouge Racing