Main Menu

Dinner/Dance Invitation

Started by Katy Storey, July 22, 2015, 13:54:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Katy Storey

I attach the highly anticipated invitation for this year's Dinner/Dance to be held on 14th November at the Westmead Hotel in Birmingham.

Trip Advisor reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186402-d193212-Reviews-Westmead_Hotel-Birmingham_West_Midlands_England.html

This year's DD will include an auction/raffle to raise money for the North West Air Ambulance as a sign of our appreciation for how well they treated Sammie at the beginning of the season. If anyone has anything they could donate please contact me!

This venue is much bigger due to the high demand of last year's event so please get your RSVPs to me as soon as you can including who you would like to sit with, maximum 10 per table. The best efforts will be made to sit you with who you ask howeverI cannot guarantee this. Please also note that until you have paid your place isn't secure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any extra info you need:
[email protected]

Katy Storey

A few people have been asking about the dinner/dance so I'm just highlighting that the invitation is here. Quite a few people have RSVP'd already, I'll post up the list in the next week or so, but get your replies in to me  :-*

Katy Storey

I've been made aware that hotel rooms are apparently cheaper on trivago at the moment. I'll be in contact with the hotel

Christine Savage

We're planning on holding the AGM on the afternoon of the dinner dance, please keep an eye on the "club notices" forum board for info as we have it.

christine

simon turner

I see that the AGM has been pencilled in for 1pm with the Dinner from 6.30pm. This seems a little early and I would have thought 3.30pm should allow enough time???
Tête Rouge Racing

Matthew Hollis

I'd be amazed if we get through a whole AGM with 25+ technical proposals and most likely lots of discussions about rules, and then have time to get ready for the dinner/dance, in 3 hours. Best stick with 1pm I think. Or maybe have a breakfast AGM  ;)

simon turner

I will be amazed then if you get a quorum by 1.30pm then or the AGM will be the following week.
Tête Rouge Racing

Trevor Williams

According to the rules of the club, you need 1/6th of the paid-up Full members to have a quorum.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Katy Storey

Last year the AGM started at 2pm and had to be cut off at 6pm to allow everyone time to get ready

Hayley

Show me the way to the bar!! 🎉🍷

Paul

Quote from: Katy Storey on September 30, 2015, 11:25:46
Last year the AGM started at 2pm and had to be cut off at 6pm to allow everyone time to get ready
Sorry Katy      "Please note that there is an error in the Agenda... the start time of the AGM is due to be 3pm, not 2pm as listed in the agenda.  Apologies for any inconvenience caused"
It was even later starting because Christine was late, in the end we started without her.

Katy Storey

Ah yes I forgot about that, thanks Paul.

Andrew Bull

Just tried to book a room at the hotel..........Been quoted 200 GBP for a twin.  Taking the fuckin piss.  I could get a taxi back to Barnsley for that.
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Katy Storey

I'll call them up tomorrow, we should have rooms blocked out for us £40 for a single £60 for a double

Maisie

It shows as completely full on the website and there have never been single rooms showing as available, only double, twin or suite.
Blueberry Tart ;)