Main Menu

Eating on Anglesey

Started by Suzanne P, July 30, 2015, 17:19:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzanne P

Hi folks

I was back on Anglesey 2 weeks ago to make sure my darling island is ready for us by testing ice creams, beaches etc...😀

Anyway, I provided a list of feeding places within 5 miles of the circuit last year (I can't link to the post from this phone). My cousin, who lives in Valley, has sent me this information.

"Hi, as promised  here is brief list of ammenities working back from Ty Croes where track is to villages/holyhead. Track has bar/cafe called Pitstop reasonable and nice. Next village is Llanfaelog with just sml village shop papers milk snacks, you can turn off into Rhosneigr - Bee Bees cafe, Sandys bistro, ball high fish/chips, mojos bakery, Spar type shop and nice but expensive The Oyster Catcher bar/rest set up by Timpsons its a chef academy good reputation tho. RAF VALLEY - Rozi indian nice but i asked to make sure cook gethin seperate cos peanuts he took 1 bite and had reaction! Valley- valley+bull both good food, Agra indian and Sukothai are delicis, chinese bit dodgy, cafe called Relish then Spar with Subway and Post office is store. Trearddur Bay has the  hotel, seacroft and driftwood - nice but expensive gastro pubs/restr. Holyhead has 1 street with few takeaways almost centre town with Pizza Gondola, kebabs, indian+chinese called manderin kitchen they too own manderin royale lovely rest on bottom road to newry. Prices chippy by cinema, Craig chippy Eastend Kebab and Taste of india by station. Tnere is also Marstons pub Standing stones by retail park nice deals bit slow service. KFC, Mcd and Tesco huge store and cafe and Morrisons same also on retail park. I am.not sure on delivery, i have Agra+thai menus bur cant scan them."

Additional info from me:

Enoch's Fish & Chips has (finally) opened in Valley on the A5. I tried it 2 weeks ago. It is cheap, cooked to order and yummy. Parking is a nightmare and I did find their food a tad too greasy. I also tried the Steak Night at The Bull in Valley (Friday only) and it was terrific!

If you want scenic places (free of charge) to eat your takeaways, South Stack, Penrhos Nature Park, Porthdarfach Beach and Cable Bay are all easy to park and offer gorgeous views.

Let me know if you have any questions.