Main Menu

Anglesey 2015

Started by Mervyn Rundle, August 11, 2015, 11:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mervyn Rundle

As we count down the minutes and seconds to Anglesey I wanted on behalf of your board to wish everyone good luck for the race. Lets hope the weather stays fine and we don't have the type of winds that we encountered last year on the Thursday.  Detailed timings have been posted so that you can all see the programme and I look forward to seeing the entries for the fancy dress competition sponsored by Pete Sparrow.  Also don't miss the Graham Harper trophy presentation which is always a poignant moment and the opportunity to reflect on why we do this event.   In addition, this year I gather our French drivers will be bringing some cognac aperitif to share with everyone – after all that I suppose I ought to remind drivers that the track runs clockwise and we must be careful not to become a drinking club with a motor racing addiction!

Whilst posting,  I see there is a bit of confusion regarding the final regulations (Ash thank you for raising this).  I thought it would be useful to clarify that the race will be governed by the club regulations for the year as published on the BARC website together with the specific SR's for the race itself.  These are attached to the final detailed entry form and are as published and approved by BARC specifically for this event.  They are available on the club website.

In terms of membership I can confirm that all drivers must be racing members of the club.  Payment for membership cannot be taken at the event so please complete a membership form and make your payment by electronic transfer.  BARC have confirmed that only competitors in the championship need to be BARC members.

Bon chance!