Main Menu

24hr feedback requested

Started by Chris Yates, August 26, 2015, 22:02:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

Please could you all complete the attached feedback form, which will give valuable data to help determine the future direction of the club.

Return the form as an email attachment to [email protected]

Chris Yates

Also if you DIDN'T enter the 24 hour race this year, it would be valuable to the club if you can let us know why. Again, send an email to the address as above, or post here if you would rather share.

Chris Yates

In case you can't download the above - here's the form in text format:

Elim Citroen 2CV 24 Hour Race – Anglesey Circuit, August 22-23 2015 - Event Feedback Sheet

The Classic 2CV Racing Club, working with Anglesey Circuit and BARC and the title sponsors, Elim Motors, are keen to get your views on your experience of the Elim Citroen 2CV 24 Hour race.  We would appreciate it you would take a moment to read and complete this sheet.

Please copy the text of this post into an editor (such as Notepad), make comments or just give a number, and then email the document to [email protected]
Or, press the print button, complete the form on paper, then scan and send to the above email address.

Indicate why you were at the race:  Spectator / Official / Marshal / Race driver / Team crew / Other (delete as appropriate)

After each question, please write 1, 2 or 3.  (1 Good    2 Average     3 Poor)
If you would like to comment, please write below the questions - We greatly value frank opinions and ideas.

Spectator experience:

• Advance information about the event:
  • Parking / viewing:
  • Did you take a look at the Citroen cars?  Y  N
  • PA / Circuit radio / webcast:
  • Viewing access to pit garages:
  • Camping facilities:
  • Catering:

Competitors and team crew experience:

• Race date:
  • General organisation:
  • Pit garage space and facilities:
  • Toilets & showers:
  • After-race entertainment:

Officials & marshals experience:

• How do the facilities compare with other circuits?:
  • Is travelling distance an issue?:
  • How can we improve the event?:

What did you enjoy best about the event?

What aspects of the event could be improved?

Would you come back next year?   Yes        Maybe       No  

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. Your feedback is valued and very much appreciated.  
Please email to: [email protected].
If you would like us to contact you to discuss any issue, please put your name and phone number and/or  email here:

Maxx

Team Iceni haven't done any 24hr races since it moved to Angelsey and won't be in the future but would sign up in a shot, with 2 x teams if it came back to Snetterton.

nick nice toes

What is it about a 24hr at anglesey that people are opposed to ???
Having driven both circuits I can only assume it's the travelling that puts people off.

Derek Coghill

Anglesey's about half-an-hour closer for me.

Louis

Quote from: nick nice toes on March 07, 2016, 21:35:17
What is it about a 24hr at anglesey that people are opposed to ???
Having driven both circuits I can only assume it's the travelling that puts people off.

Agreed, I much prefer Anglesey... What is it that will stop people racing at Anglesey, is it the circuit or the traveling?

Scooterman

Anglesey is by far and away the better track to drive. Great circuit, beautiful location. However, for most teams its logistically challenging, getting people to help etc. Also the weather is often.... Well let's say it's Welsh. I remember one guy saying "If you can't see Snowdonia it's raining, if you can it's about to rain". Driving in the wet is fun, but it isn't fun those in helping in the paddock. I know there where some horribly wet 24hrs at Snetterton, but on average the weather is always going to be worse at Trac Mon.

barney rubble

I think you will find its not all about the distance and the logistics alot of people out there prefer the bank holiday weekend, as a mechanic and not a arrive a drive driver it takes alot of time out of your life and the extra day for the bank holiday helped alot,also the schedulde for this years race is not good with start times this is so the circuit can have a track day on the sunday this must be all about greed as the cost to race has gone up!! so all that attend have a great time but count me out

Louis

Quote from: barney rubble on March 21, 2016, 12:47:43
I think you will find its not all about the distance and the logistics alot of people out there prefer the bank holiday weekend, as a mechanic and not a arrive a drive driver it takes alot of time out of your life and the extra day for the bank holiday helped alot,also the schedulde for this years race is not good with start times this is so the circuit can have a track day on the sunday this must be all about greed as the cost to race has gone up!! so all that attend have a great time but count me out

Valuable answer which we need to consider in future, if you can't get support for your car, you can't run and it's unreasonable to expect non-drivers to give up precious holiday.

gadget

without doubt it is a problem getting people to angelsey. it is the other end of the world.
to get them there the weekend before a bank holiday is worse than persuading Mike Fox to clean his camper!
if the facilities were really good it might be easier.
starting at 9am?? well I suppose we don't need any facilities, well not in the bar anyway.
I thought this meeting was a social weekend as well as a racing weekend? it always has been
not only is it going to be dangerous going into the night having done several hours, it is also going to be a bit early to go into beer o'clock at nine on sunday morning!
someone somewhere obviously knows a bit more about 24 hour racing that all those who have been doing it before.
Le Mans has a lot to learn.
G

Maisie

It might be at the end of the world for some, but not for others (ourselves included). On the flipside, some of you have been lucky enough to have the race practically on the doorstep for a decade and are now feeling exactly what the rest of us have done all that time ... but we still considered the event worth making the effort for. The roads to Anglesey are probably no worse than getting stuck in Elveden for the 8th time on the way to Snet. At least it's dual carriageway and upwards most of the way.

I don't think Anglesey has the same atmosphere as Snetterton. One of my major gripes is that the small doors in the garage rollers mean that it's easy to close the big door and effectively shut the garage off from the rest of the paddock. I always loved being able to walk the fire lane at Snetterton, see into the garages (even if it was blowing a gale with sideways rain, which is the downside...) and share a smile or a wave with people inside. And when you're on catering etc duty in the awnings, it's nice to be able to see how the guys in the garage are doing.

I really don't like the idea of the 9am finish. The post-race social has always been a big part of the event and a chance for an end-of-season get-together. I can see the attraction to the circuit to run another event on the Sunday to keep costs down (although I do wonder how much is warranted economically and how much is a little greedy) and to non-racers to get home at a reasonable time on Sunday afternoon/evening. A return to the days when there used to be a meeting on the Saturday at Snet before the race could be a compromise. I know that the other racers on the Saturday were intrigued by our racing and those that stayed over on the Saturday night enjoyed it. It's a great opportunity to showcase the club and the 24hr race. If we can't do that, I think the club needs to seriously look at subsidising racing even if just for one year to get numbers back up as things are looking pretty bad at the moment :(

Having said that.... if we have to finish at 9am, how about a beach BBQ if the weather's good enough??
Blueberry Tart ;)

Alec Graham

If the track day or whatever it is that is booked for the sunday was moved to the Saturday. that would be better. giving us a 6pm ish start to 6pmish sunday

Trevor Williams

But with no time to qualify on the Saturday.....

You would probably struggle to get most other championships to make the journey to Anglesey for a one day meeting, and that's all they would get.

Track hire costs are only going one way, upwards.
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

naughtybear

Free practice/ quali Friday race start Saturday late afternoon as Alec says
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!