Main Menu

Board changes, June 2016

Started by Chris Yates, June 22, 2016, 19:21:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

[Message from Mervyn, who is currently unable to post this personally:]

I wanted to tell you as quickly as possible that after 4 years as chairman, I have decided to stand down for new blood and new ideas.  Its easy to become stale and a new approach is often very useful.

I am pleased to report that the club is in good shape; this season is going well and we are all looking forward to the 24hr.  Thank you to those who have enterered, for those that haven't, please get your entry in!

The board met last night and accepted my resignation; and has unanimously appointed Meyrick Cox & Philip Myatt to the board, and have asked Meyrick to chair the board and appointed Philip as managing director.  I think they will prove an excellent combination, Meyrick is well known in motor sport and Phil has years of club experience to bring.

I would also like to thank Richard Hollis who has stepped aside for now in order to make space on the board for Philip.  I'd like to thank Richard for his contribution; and look forward to his continued involvement.

I'm sure that Meyrick and Philip will be in touch directly with you with their plans. Philip has already been working on the race & 24hr programme for 2017 already; and Philip should be the key point of contact for racing matters from now on.

Thank you all for your support over the years and I look forward to watching the club flourish over the next few years.