Main Menu

Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

Started by Louis, January 26, 2016, 19:12:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

All, please see attached Technical Committee Minutes from yesterday's meeting:

Ken

'Re-enforce'?
Sometimes confused with 'reinforce'...  ;)

Quote from: Louis on January 26, 2016, 19:12:43
All, please see attached Technical Committee Minutes from yesterday's meeting:

Louis

It was 1am when I wrote the minutes! I also mis-spelt people's names... But some one pulled me up in it in time!

Andrew Bull

Regarding one of the suggestions I'd prefer if you addressed me as Mr. Bull!
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

biggles

I note that in the draft one item to be discussed is reinforcement of roll cage through/integral with the chassis. Richard Hollis made mention to me at Croft 2013  that my car which had them fitted would leave itself open to protest (which is why it will not reappear) as could be deemed a performance advantage and policing to ascertain security would be difficult.  So whats changed?

Louis

In  2015 the club voted to include this rule:

"5.3.7 It is permissible to add a bracket or tube from the chassis side rail to the front/rear cage feet. This bracket is in addition to the cross bar described in 5.3.2. One of the following 3 materials specifications must be used:
 Square section steel tube of at least 40mm x 40mm x 3mm.
 Round CDS tube at least 38mm dia x 3mm wall.
 A sheet metal bracket fabricated from at least 4mm thick mild steel plate.
Plates to attach to cage feet must be of the same specification as the cage foot itself.
In the case where a tube is used, a 3mm thick steel reinforcing plate must be welded to the end of the tube where it attaches to the chassis. This plate must be a minimum of 100mm wide and the same height as the chassis rail where it attaches.
The bracket assembly can be attached to the chassis side rail either by good quality welding or the use of 4 no. M8 bolts."

Some members felt that the wording of this rule would exclude their cars, and others that the rule wasn't allowing the modification they wanted to make. If they want to amend the wording that can be proposed for the next AGM

Louis

All,

We now have a championship scruteneer. I met with Ron on Friday, he's keen to learn about the cars and the championship and already had a good handle on the rules.

Louis

Simon Crook

Well done Louis and all involved finding someone - hello Ron welcome to the world of 2cv Racing, looking forward to meet you.

Simon
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING