Main Menu

Belgian race series - Spa 24 Hour 2016: 15-16 October 2016

Started by Nick Roads, February 28, 2016, 22:53:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

The list of dates and costs for the 2CVRT Belgian series were published at Christmas http://www.24h2cv.be/2CVRT/Informations/2015.12.29/2CVRT_2015.12.29_calendar.pdf

The costs for the Spa race yet to be finalised but I expect will be around 2000 euros + 25 euros per driver for cars that have entered the UK 24 Hour and want to do Spa as well rather than the published price.

The 2 Crisis cars in UK hybrid setup performed pretty well given it was their first 24 hour races. Crisis Too (car 36) had one exhaust issue which stopped it for 25 minutes yet ended 16th overall which was excellent. Crisis Fore (car 52) tested the mechanics more than the drivers perhaps (gearbox, exhaust 5 times, brake lines failed to mention a few, bump with the leader etc) but finished more reliably than it started. Both BMW engines performed faultlessly and the 2cv Crisis modified gearboxes and other parts were much more reliable than some were expecting. Car 52 problems were more to do with suspension setup than having a BMW engine. The exhaust problems were unforeseen but new exhaust systems been prepared over the winter and more testing this year before Spa including racing at Croix.

Lien93

I have to congratulate the Crisis Team on putting together the BMW engine and a UK spec car. Having driven the race a few years before in a UK race car I came away thinking it was good to be driving at Spa, but with the size of the track and the speed of the Belgian cars we did need to be going faster.
The Crisis Team have developed a cheap package that competes with the whole field! I described it at the time of 'like hanging on to a missile' it was tremendous. If you want to RACE at Spa, this is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.