Main Menu

24hour

Started by gadget, August 05, 2016, 21:35:24

Previous topic - Next topic

gadget

does anyone know if we have 1 or 2 or 3 Citroen C1'S coming to Angelsey?
Who will be driving them??
Can anyone drive them or do they have a booked team of drivers??
It has been suggested that it would not be correct for 2cv drivers to drive them especially if they are driving a uk 2cv.
I have also noticed that the Crisis Team are not entered so far?? Does that mean they are all in a C1?
I thought Glen Oswin had a car entered, what has happened to that.
Have we lost 2cv's to C1's??

Gadget

Chris Yates

Before rumours start...

Caryl has pulled out of both C1 and 2cv. Glenn has pulled his entry because of his new job. Basically no 2cv entry has been 'lost' to a C1 entry. As I understand it there are some journalists considering entering in a C1. I have no further info at this stage.

gadget

It looks like this is going to be a drama out of a Crisis!

Nick Roads

Quite a drama down at Crisis HQ. Kris pulling out was the main reason for the 2CV not being able to enter - it was always the priority for the team to enter a UK class car before anything else. My car has been in UK hybrid setup as I decided at beginning of year to not do any sprints, focus on getting the hybrid car in better condition for Spa and just rent a drive with Caryl in the 24 Hour. Sounds like I have a seat in another team for this year, waiting for confirmation of it all.

Not been involved with the C1 in anyway so cannot update on that.

On the positive side for the race I have been working on the other series entrants and we have 8 Euros and 6 mini's all paid'n'displayed with an extra car in each of those classes possible. So for spectators and those following this great race should be more cars overall than last year.

Chris Yates

We currently have 11 paid-up 2CVs, with another 5 probables on top of that. With Minis and Euros on top we're expecting a grid of 30 cars! That's not including any C1s.

Glenn Oswin

Although work has played a part in my decision not to enter this years race, it was the loss of 2 team mates and the catering to another entrant that really put the lid on it! Apparently it was supposed to help put another car on the grid.

Glenn.

Roy Eastwood

Can't find any rules for C1 in 24hour, will they be made up as they are required, lots of fabulous ways to make C1s go faster, nobody will be that dishonest though.

Lien93

I bet your pondering which parts to keep in stock for them Roy.

gadget

Can the C1's be used as a draughting car. I'm sure Tom would like to get a good tow in qually!!

Roy Eastwood

Good scrapyard round the corner from us, will do nicely for what's needed.

Quote from: Lien93 on August 08, 2016, 18:31:01
I bet your pondering which parts to keep in stock for them Roy.