Main Menu

[2016] Looking for a seat in a team?

Started by Chris Yates, May 19, 2016, 22:09:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

If you are a driver looking for a seat with an established team, please post here with details!

Martin Harrold

A friend of mine is looking for a seat in a mid-grid car with good support crew for the 24 hr. He has adequate budget and will have done two sprint races before the 24 hour. PM me or call 07973 303982.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Chris Yates

I have an experienced racer looking for a drive in the 24hr. Hasn't done 2cv racing, but has driven a couple of road 2CVs. Doesn't need to be a front-running team.

There could be a sponsorship deal attached to this from a motorsport retail company.

Please get in touch with me and I will hook you up!

wtjallan

I  have  driven in about 10 24hr races, since 1995. Would be interested  in any opportunities to drive  this year.
Tom Allan

Chris Yates

Another driver looking for a seat:

"I am looking for a seat in the 24h race for myself and possibly my team mate if a team has 2 seats in 1 car. We both have 10 years plus club racing experience and budgets."

Contact Chris Dear on 07764 939313

Christine Savage

My drive has fallen through for the 24hr.

Only looking to drive one (max two) stints in the race want to help with team management. 

Can help with spares and have some pit crew coming with me but don't have much money.

Experience 17 24hr races, several podiums and a win.

e-mail me please.... [email protected]

San

I know of two drivers looking for a seat, with a budget of £1500 for 1/4 drive or £2000 for 1/3 drive.  Both have lots of race experience. PM me for more info.

San

Both drivers have now a seat. Thanks Phil.

Christine Savage

I've still not got a drive... no one has been in touch at all.

I'll bring my race kit along to the 24hr but it is too short notice now for me to help you with pit crew and spares.

Tom_Davies

Hi All,

My name is Tom Davies, new to the site as of today, but have been in touch with Chris about racing and the 2CV's looking in particular at the 24hr race.

Racing is something that I have always wanted to try and do but have always had the one issue, Money!

I have done a load of research over the Summer and come across the 2CV's and also your 24hr event. In terms of my own experience I am a complete novice, the only racing that I have done is that of the occasional Arrive and Drive Go-Kart session, which I have thoroughly enjoyed!

I was thinking about trying to come along and helping out at next years 24hr race if I can to try and get some experience in the race world, meet a few people with an eye to potentially trying to join a team the year after which allows me the best part of two years to get things in place - race kit & License etc.

If anybody could get in touch with me to discuss further I would be greatly appreciative!

Tom

Matthew Hollis

Hi Tom,

I would recommend you come along to any meeting, not just the 24hr, and introduce yourself to the many people in the club. That way you can get to know everyone with an eye to start racing in 2018 :)