Main Menu

Citroen C1

Started by TomzZeH, September 04, 2016, 19:21:34

Previous topic - Next topic

TomzZeH

Hi there

i noticed a few Citroen C1's running in the Anglesey 24 hour race. I was just wondering what is the score with entering one? like what specification does the car need to be? any regs would be good :)

Thanks!

Simon Crook

Hi Tom sixty views and not one reply - probably get stoned for this; if you go scroll down the page on the link below you will see the regs for the C1 although I would check with someone before you build one as i believe this is very much still in the experimental stage at the moment, and not recognised as a championship.

http://www.barc.net/championships/2cv
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

The clue is in the logo at the top of the page.

This is the Classic 2CV Racing Club, and much effort is being put in by many Club members and friends of the Club to encourage more owners of race-prepared classic Citroen 2CV's, 602cc, to go racing in 2017.

We had good grids this year, but it's much more fun for all to be racing with bigger grids.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Simon Crook

I wholly agree Martin with your statement, so thats a good enough reason not to answer Tom friendly club eh? - the C1 was allowed to race within our series 24hr Race and under the BARC Regulations for the Citroen 2cv Racing Club. and now I see a possible invite to Spa in a few weeks time too so who are they inviting the CLASSIC 2cv & C1 RACING CLUB (couldn't be arsed to RED it) - I still can't see how the BARC allowed them to race, but hey I am not sure how that works, they must have got the regulations approved by someone - Tom has seen them as part of this club otherwise he would not have asked the question surely? Someone is pushing these C1's, think it says somewhere on the forum that along with the UK C1s another 3 from other countries could be racing at Spa.
LUMACA RACING

naughtybear

In response to simon.......I am friendly (ish) but did not know where to start in reply to the original post, all was a big shock to me.
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Simon Crook

Ash that you are, and I quite like to think that I am too  ::)
LUMACA RACING

Nick Roads

Just to add a little to this. Those were the regulations for the UK race and those proposed for Spa. The aspiration, I am told, was to try and get a new class for endurance racing which will allow the club to be confident in grid sizes for the 24 Hour race which will then help subsidise and support the 2CV racing class. No intention to change the club name, sprints or the championship etc.

It will bring interest to the club we would not get otherwise - see this facebook post https://www.facebook.com/nick.paton.12/posts/10155101713642646?comment_id=10155101757852646&reply_comment_id=10155102965187646. 6500 views / 133 comments so far and counting...

The club can ask for any series it likes to be included with BARC - that is how the Minis and the Euros can race with us. The Mini grand (1000 cc) does not race in other race series. 

Trevor Williams

If that clip is the one of the bloke at Nurburg, then I really liked his comments that 2CVs had become really expensive and really rare and difficult to set up. Where did he get fed that information. Also, loved his comments of "Its bog standard, but we are going to throw a Miltek exhaust on it an sort the suspension...." So starts an arms race for a non existant series / Championship...
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Steve Panas

;D ;DNice to see you with an opinion!!!!!!!!

BertChalmers

Hi Everybody,

I'm another random interested in the C1's

I work with one of the guys from Rentboys and to be honest me and a few friends are very interested in stepping up from Kart enduros to a C1 Enduro Class. If us sitting at the back of the grid help lower the costs and bring back More 2CVs  I can only see that as a good thing.

Depending on IF there is event to run in I'd happily build one or even two cars as I've got a lot of interest from Drivers I know.  

I'll be coming a long to the races in the early part of next year whether there is a C1 class or not just to introduce my self, meet people and get a feel for the series.

p.s. I hope I haven't upset anyone.

wilbot

Hello Bert

You've walked into a bit of a political mine field there. There are strong views in various directions about the C1's and perhaps a good way to encourage more 2CV's on the grid is buy/build one I don't see how racing a C1 is going to encourage more 2CV's ? to appear on the grid.
I can see the appeal but C1's are faster than 2CV's that's not going to encourage a guy who work's hard to put a more difficult car on the grid is it ?

Sorry to appear flat earth but that's how I see.

Colin W

BertChalmers

Hi Colin,

I totally understand where you're coming from.

Sorry to show my lack of knowledge in the scene but is there a similarly patchy ffeeling about the minis or euro hybrids? I was under the impression that the C1s were going to be solely for the big Enduros and much like the minis and euros that would help reduce/amortise the cost of the event, bringing down the fee for genuine 2CV die-hards to get back on the grid

with regards to pace of the C1s, minis and Hybrids and the chance of a 2CV winning a 24hr overall maybe there need to be a BOP installed through either weight, fuel limits or timing to pull back the faster cars (although I'm guessing this might have already been suggested)

Lien93

Have you considered buying a 2cv race car. That way you can do all the sprint races, the UK 24hr race and take it to Spa with a 602 engine or a BMW engine! And you would be racing against a much bigger field of cars. Just saying....

naughtybear

And I know where there are some for sale........ 8)
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Paul

I might have a buyer for one Ash.