Main Menu

Citroen C1

Started by TomzZeH, September 04, 2016, 19:21:34

Previous topic - Next topic

indigorallye

Hahahaha.
Don't blame us 'outsiders' for this!
I think it's YOUR club that has created this market, not C1 owners with no where to race.
I will continue to monitor the progress of any series/ championship.
Thank you.

naughtybear

All dressed up and nowhere to go ha ha
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

indigorallye

Who? Me?
I've not got a C1, or a 2CV.
I read the article, and thought it sounded good. Good enough for me to come on here and do some more research.

BertChalmers

Really confused now, so cars in the eco class are about the same speed or faster than the club class?, club classs have race orientated parts like uprated camshafts etc, but an engine with standard camshaft can be faster... or the whole cheaper car is faster?

At the moment there is nowhere else that the C1s can do a 24hr race, or even a sprint race (other than Holland and that s bit of a commute for the regular season) but I don't want to do sprints. We can't do Britcar without being a danger to the GT3's  or even the lower TCs tripping over us, That why I'd be so grateful to be on YOUR grid. We're not the fastest thing on the grid, blowing past you on the straights, we're not the slowest things that are constnatly in your way mid corner.

Please can I be absolutely clear though: I am not here to bully my way on to the grid,  I am not here to take over your club, championship, or anything else. I'd just like to race a 24hr race with similar paced machinery, cheaply, in a friendly paddock of fellow Citroen fans.....

slipping back to the A35 analogy, they've build up one race grid as part of a very well attended and well funded meeting. Not a season and not a 24hr race. If you asked them about doing a A35 24hr I'm sure they'd struggle for grids too.  

Trevor Williams

Quote from: indigorallye on October 19, 2016, 13:36:02
Who? Me?
I read the article, and thought it sounded good. Good enough for me to come on here and do some more research.

It seems you were more than interested in racing a 2CV in the 24 hour race in 2013....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Trevor Williams

Quote from: BertChalmers on October 19, 2016, 13:48:04
Really confused now, so cars in the eco class are about the same speed or faster than the club class?, club classs have race orientated parts like uprated camshafts etc, but an engine with standard camshaft can be faster... or the whole cheaper car is faster?

At the moment there is nowhere else that the C1s can do a 24hr race, or even a sprint race (other than Holland and that s bit of a commute for the regular season) but I don't want to do sprints. We can't do Britcar without being a danger to the GT3's  or even the lower TCs tripping over us, That why I'd be so grateful to be on YOUR grid. We're not the fastest thing on the grid, blowing past you on the straights, we're not the slowest things that are constnatly in your way mid corner.

Please can I be absolutely clear though: I am not here to bully my way on to the grid,  I am not here to take over your club, championship, or anything else. I'd just like to race a 24hr race with similar paced machinery, cheaply, in a friendly paddock of fellow Citroen fans.....

slipping back to the A35 analogy, they've build up one race grid as part of a very well attended and well funded meeting. Not a season and not a 24hr race. If you asked them about doing a A35 24hr I'm sure they'd struggle for grids too.  

The Austin A35 race at Goodwood was organised by HSCC ( I think) and GRRC to be the two driver St Mary's race for 2016. The HSCC has started the A35 Race series (I think it is called the Academy) to get people into historic racing. They sell the series on the basis that you can buy a donor car for a few grand, but then you have to spend in the region of £25,000 to get the car into shape for racing.....

If you want to race in a 24 hour race in the UK you have two options. Race a 2CV, or race in the Creventic 24 Hours at Silverstone. One is for 2CVs, the other caters for modern cars.

Regards
Trevor

Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

indigorallye

Quote from: Trevor Williams on October 19, 2016, 13:56:13
Quote from: indigorallye on October 19, 2016, 13:36:02
Who? Me?

It seems you were more than interested in racing a 2CV in the 24 hour race in 2013....

That's correct. I was interested, still am in fact. But I'd rather race my own car than pay for a drive.

BertChalmers

Technically one caters for 2cv's, Protoypes and Minis  ;) - the other isn't really an option on safety grounds.

while the c1 is technically eligible for the Creventic 24hr (http://www.24hseries.com/uploads/files/24hseries/regulations_2016/Class_overview%26Eligible_cars_24HSERIES_2016_version_12%20April%202016.pdf)

It would be frankly dangerous. As a Comparison the dutch Citybug series (running 78hp not our 68) are lapping Zandvoort, where the creventic slowest lap during qualy was a 1:58 and the TCRs that we'd be sharing Silverstone with were at 1:50's... the mid corner speed of a fully aero'd TCR Leon at full tilt coming across even the best driver in a C1 in the dark is a bloody scary proposal.

I'm not sure Helen would accept our entry!!

Paul

Quote from: indigorallye on October 19, 2016, 13:06:45
Hahahaha.
Don't blame us 'outsiders' for this!
I think it's YOUR club that has created this market, not C1 owners with no where to race.
I will continue to monitor the progress of any series/ championship.
Thank you.

No it's not, it is our current chairman and managing director who have no mandate from the clubs membership (Being non elected directors) and didn't believe the members when they told them they were entering and so had a knee jerk reaction to allow C1's even though the board had turned them down years before.
If people have built cars based on their say so that is their problem not ours,with any luck they won't be in office for many more weeks.
We have had low grids before and no doubt we will have low grids again.
Luddites of the world unite!

indigorallye

Thanks for all the replies and lively discussion.
Keep up the good work.

Chris Yates

Quote from: BertChalmers on October 19, 2016, 13:48:04
I'd just like to race a 24hr race with similar paced machinery, cheaply, in a friendly paddock of fellow Citroen fans.....

Then you're in luck! There's a few race 2CVs for sale right now ;) Guaranteed elegibility for the *2CV* 24hr race next year. I'll even help you run it, and that's a promise.

BertChalmers

But I don't want to race a 2CV. (sorry)

naughtybear

Don't want to or can't ??

BertChalmers

Both technically, don't have one, don't want to build one, don't have a race licence at the moment. 

naughtybear

Struggling to understand why you're hanging around then tbh