Main Menu

Citroen C1

Started by TomzZeH, September 04, 2016, 19:21:34

Previous topic - Next topic

BertChalmers

Initially it was to find out more information about the C1s as your were were kindly hosting them at Angelesey (knowingly or not)  and Spa, but since then it been purely for the banter.

naughtybear

Banter hasn't started yet!!  :P
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

indigorallye

Quote from: BertChalmers on October 19, 2016, 16:11:28
Initially it was to find out more information about the C1s as your were were kindly hosting them at Angelesey (knowingly or not)  and Spa, but since then it been purely for the banter.

Same for me.

Looking for budget endurance racing, but not in a 2CV.

Chris Yates

Why not?

Is it an image thing? Or something else?

indigorallye

Sponsors are not keen so it would be out of my pocket.

naughtybear

Chris, could be lack of talent lol

Chris Yates

Could be. I'm wondering why his sponsors are keen on him racing a bog-standard quiet-sounding Toyota Aygo...

Bart van Wijngaarden

Quote from: indigorallye on October 19, 2016, 18:12:56
Sponsors are not keen so it would be out of my pocket.
Sorry, the first part I can not imagine.
The 2cv is a cult car and something many people have something with. That should be appealing to (the right) sponsors.

Display your 2cv racer at their company event or so and the 'car' ;) will be the star of the day/evening.

indigorallye

Quote from: naughtybear on October 19, 2016, 18:52:25
Chris, could be lack of talent lol
As I've stated earlier, and some time ago when I first joined this forum I would quite like to race a 2CV.

Quote from: Chris Yates on October 19, 2016, 18:54:05
Could be. I'm wondering why his sponsors are keen on him racing a bog-standard quiet-sounding Toyota Aygo...
I've not approached them about it yet.
I have approached them about the 2CV's, and they were not keen. That's them, not me.

BertChalmers

Same here, Sponsor happy to have their name on a recent, modern looking car.

Not doubting that the 2CV is a cult car, it is. Its an oddity and that does drag eye balls to it.  But much in the way Most people used to loook at the 2CV and say "my French teacher at school had one for those I can't believe you race them!" people and companies now recognise the C1 and have a similar connection

there's that and a safety thing on a personal note for me - its why I've stopped racing this year.... I've helped a young lady out of road going 107's after an RTA, she walked away from an accident I couldn't imagine even a caged 2CV surviving. If I'm being responsible for 4 drivers I want them to be the safest they can be.

naughtybear

My sponsors have their logo on a slow car driven fast...............

indigorallye

Quote from: naughtybear on October 19, 2016, 20:44:12
My sponsors have their logo on a slow car driven fast...............
My sponsors have their logo on a fast car driven slowly........

naughtybear

Literally nothing to say to that

Chris Yates

Quote from: BertChalmers on October 19, 2016, 20:42:36
Same here, Sponsor happy to have their name on a recent, modern looking car.

Sponsor? You earlier claimed you don't have a race licence.

Something doesn't add up here, and it just looks like you are stirring the pot but you have no intention of racing either cars. Someone is asking you to come here and post your 'opinion' perhaps?

Quote from: BertChalmers on October 19, 2016, 20:42:36
I've helped a young lady out of road going 107's after an RTA, she walked away from an accident I couldn't imagine even a caged 2CV surviving. If I'm being responsible for 4 drivers I want them to be the safest they can be.

Here we go - another angle. Perhaps you couldn't imagine a 2cv surviving a crash since you have such a low opinion of them, but we've seen some cars involved in some pretty nasty looking smashes, and drivers have walked away with perhaps some bruising.

Anyway, I think you have made your points repeatedly and clearly. We now seem to be looking for very spurious reasons why you think we should all replace our 2CVs with shiny new C1s.

Perhaps if the safety aspect bothers you so much you should race somewhere else, well away from those nasty 2CV things.

naughtybear

I think Chris is just about covering all the bases, I would have said sling your hook and stop wasting everyone's time if your not interested in racing a 2cv as this is the CLASSIC 2CV RACING CLUB. I think I read further up someone asking what on earth a Belgian arm was.............read the forum! All the information is readily available but why would you as I am convinced you have no intention to race and lots of intention to cause problems