Main Menu

last nights board meting, and the fallout

Started by gadget, September 22, 2016, 00:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Bull

Can someone explain why they feel it's right to exclude half the potential voters and why after almost 20 years as an active member ( not always a paid up one) I wouldn't have the right to vote on the regulations that are applicable to the cars I build / run / maintain and service for the many drivers and customers I and my home team have.

Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

gadget

coxm

Bully,

This post is a few days old but I wanted to reply in any case because I thought you deserved an answer

As I explained in my letter to members, we've had to change a number of things because the incorporation process and how the Club / Company have operated since, have not been done correctly.  I doubt any of us want unlimited liability for the club's activities; and part of what we are having to do to establish a break from the Club to the Company, is split the voting into distinct groups to demonstrate that the club isn't still doing everything.  If any of that isn't clear, give me a shout – I'm available most hours of the day and night.  The aim of what's been proposed is to make that all as fair as possible.

Fully-paid-up members will be guarantors (shareholders) of the Company, which is where all the activities (racing, social events, forum etc) need to take place.  The board has to approve each guarantor, which has not happened in the past.  Guarantors vote on all Company matters, such as the accounts, memorandum and articles of association and directors' appointments.  If you become a member again next year, you will be able to vote on all these matters.

Fully-paid-up members are also eligible to join the Sporting and Technical committees; which are the principal groups where those areas are discussed in detail; and to vote on any matter which is proposed to them by the wider membership.  If those committees do not approve a proposal, it is rejected.  Tête Rouge is already represented on the Technical committee; and it's hard to argue that any one team should have greater representation than any other team on that committee.

The owner of each car that has raced in the previous season is also asked to vote on the Technical regulations; as they are the people who are affected by them.  So each of your customers will get to vote on those regulations; and I'm sure would value your counsel.  It's also hard to argue that any one team should have a greater say on that vote than any other (unless it runs multiple cars of course).

Both those owners and any driver that has raced in the previous season will vote on the Sporting regulations.  Historically, there has been no process or mechanism for members to make proposals for or to have any influence on the Sporting regulations:  they have been a matter left to the board, which does not seem right.  Those affected by those regulations, which are the teams and drivers, should vote on them.  So your customers will now get to vote on those regulations too, which has not been the case in the past.

We've had to change things – simply to achieve what members voted for in 2008, but didn't get.  This system limits the board's scope and puts more in members' hands than ever before; however, there has to be some pre-requisite to getting a say on how the club is run and, like most clubs, we have a membership fee (£60 for full membership in 2016) which has been in place for many years.  Although you have been heavily involved in 2CV racing for 20 years, you haven't been a full member since 2009, so if you want a say next year, please pay the membership fee.

Hope that clears things up but, if not, you know where to find me