Main Menu

Spa 24 Hour 2016 - October 15-16

Started by Nick Roads, June 06, 2016, 21:47:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

Meyrick,
That may be how the VLN run it, but that is not how the ISC reads. It is also not how the Blue Book will read next year. The whole point of the Code 60 / Full Course Yellow is to neutralise the race and stabilise positions. Racing restarts on the display of the green flag, not when you pass a flag point as the display is simultaneous at all points after a countdown from Race Control
Probably best to confirm exactly what the rule is in the driver's briefing
Cheers
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

coxm

Trevor,

Sorry, I wasn't clear. You're absolutely right on a full course yellow / Code 60; but on the continent (and it worked like this in both the Spa 6-hour and 24-hour this year) they also have partial Code 60s, just for a particular area.  You're right, I should have distinguished between the two as follows:

In a full course Code 60, you can go as soon as you see the green flag, no need to wait to pass it.  They should appear simultaneously around the course.

If there is a partial Code 60 - let's say just in the area of the Bus Stop - you have to wait until you have passed the green flag to accelerate, not when you see it.

I'll make sure to ask in the drivers' briefing whether they will operate both or just full course Code 60s

Best MC

Trevor Williams

Meyrick
The 2CVRT Regs don't differentiate on Code 60. It is to the whole course (unless the organisers issue some further supplementary regs for the event). Safety cars are another matter as they run two as Spa is over 7km in length (just...) It probably needs clarifying as to when a driver can overtake after the safety car comes in (immediately (don't think so) or after the passing the green flag /light at the next flag point (More than likely))
Cheers

Marty

May I put a fly in the ointment ?
If there is 18 british teams (including C1  ::)), the price for each is £1550
Said otherwise, the six C1 will pay (10000€) just over the amount than two Classic 2CV (9000€)...
Pity  :'(

Trevor Williams

One other thing that competitors should do....
Make sure that you have a copy of the MSA Start Permission letter with you. Even though your licence states that it is valid under the relevant ISC article, you are advised to carry a copy with you....

Paul

Quote from: Marty on October 12, 2016, 10:51:04
May I put a fly in the ointment ?
If there is 18 british teams (including C1  ::)), the price for each is £1550
Said otherwise, the six C1 will pay (10000€) just over the amount than two Classic 2CV (9000€)...
Pity  :'(
If you entered our race that is the sort of discounted price you would pay Marty.Better to have entries than not.

nick nice toes

Trevor.
Where can this letter be downloaded from. Is it the msa  website.

naughtybear

Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

coxm

Thanks Trevor - I'll make sure to ask at the drivers' briefing.