Main Menu

2017 Sprint race dates

Started by Adam Lines, November 21, 2016, 20:34:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Lines

The Brand Hatch dates of 1/2 July 2017 seem to clash with the dates for the HSCC Brands Hatch meeting. As the HSCC always hold there event over that weekend i assume they will get these dates...
The link below gives the dates they have put out.
http://www.hscc.org.uk/news

Adam Lines

I see the revised dates are out for next year..

2017 race dates
March 18th    Oulton Park    Rounds 1 & 2
April 29-30th    Croft    Rounds 3, 4 & 5 (2hr)
May 13-14th    Cadwell Park    Rounds 6 & 7
July 29-30th    Brands Hatch    Rounds 8 & 9
August 18-20th    Snetterton    Round 10 (24hr)

Good luck to all the Sprint race teams that are going to the Brands hatch meeting then getting ready for the 24 hour event....  :'(

Matthew Hollis

I seriously hope we are not at Brands on 29th/30th July, as Adam points out it gives people only 2 weekends to get the car prepped for the 24hr, plus it also clashes with the 2CV world meeting in Portugal. Are we committed to racing at Brands or is there an option to race elsewhere at an earlier date?

Richard hollis

Just echoing what Matt said.

Can we race at Brands Hatch at a different time of the year?

or another track at a different time of year?

I'm assuming several of the series regulars with be on the beach in Portugal at the 2cv World Meeting at the end of July.

Mick Storey

I appreciate no dates are perfect,  but The clash with the 2cv international is a bit of a problem for me

naughtybear

Chance of a good result at brands me thinks  ;D
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Adam Lines

I've just commented on the link in case people can't find it...

Chris Yates

Before everyone gets a little ahead of themselves, take a look at http://c1racing.club/2017-calendar/ - which is the C1 Racing Club's official page.

The club do not have a fixture at Snetterton.

I have had an assurance that there is no agreement with BARC or our club for the C1s to race at Snetterton on the same date as us.

It seems that the person on Facebook (Chris Dear I believe) is nothing to do with the running of the C1 club is making some assumptions.