Main Menu

RACE RETRO

Started by Alec Graham, December 04, 2016, 15:03:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec Graham

The board are looking at having a stand at RACE RETRO.
race retro is aimed at 'Historic motorsport' link here  http://www.raceretro.com/
If anyone want to either offer their car or indeed simply offer some time on the stand promoting the club. (this obviously gets you in to the event) then please let me know..
the dates are 24th -26th February. At Stoneleigh Park.

Alec. .

gadget

Give me a call
Very interested
Love the show

Trevor Williams

Before going down that route Alec, it might be worthwhile remembering how many members joined from the previous visits to Race Retro and Autosport....... Not very many I recall.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Martin Harrold

Trevor - you are probably right. Shows are a very random marketing tool and in my wide experience of them, results generally fall way short of expectations. However, in this case it presents a unique opportunity to expose our 'product' to a very mixed audience.

A reasonable target for the season would be to get 10 new or fresh cars on the grid. With crews, that's around 60 people we are looking for out of 65m. Small needles, big haystack.

I was involved in some occasional free 2CV stands at Autosport show, which is a strange blend of real race tech people and loads of anoraks. And I recall doing the RR several years ago, with Aubrey and others. Shows offer all kinds of random networking opportunities and a fairly good and self-selected audience.

The event is supported by Motor Sport and some may remember that their web guy, Ed Foster, raced with us at Snet some years back and did a nice feature. Maybe we can get some coverage there again. His is a very strong and growing magazine.

Trick is to be well organised and look fairly professional which we shall try to be. Remember - people make purchase decisions based on numerous inputs and maybe talking to a 2CV racer at the RR will help push a few people just that bit nearer to a decision to join our grid.

And yes, maybe it will turn out to be a waste of time and money, but at least we shall have tried.

Happy New Year, all.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

coxm

For those of you who didn't get to Race Retro, I've attached a picture of our stand, with Ash's car looking fabulous.

We will post a full report on the event, with costs, numbers of inquiries etc after the next board meeting.  As a great man once said, 50% of advertising works, 50% of it doesn't.  If you can tell me which 50% works, you'll be a very rich man.  Which is another way of saying that we will probably never be able to tell what we actually achieved.

Lien93

But we certainly did learn something.