Main Menu

£1,700.00

Started by Dartiailh, December 09, 2016, 21:05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Dartiailh

Is it me or have I just seen £1,700.00 for a season......... does any one want to to buy a car???

Chris Yates

What you have to remember is that last year the club kept the price at £1500, but lost a lot of money as a result. Realistically the price should have gone up by a hundred or so last year and another hundred this year. Unfortunately hiring circuits isn't getting any cheaper.

On the flipside, the 24hr is much cheaper.

naughtybear

Maybe if the 24 was 1900 and the sprints 1500 it's a win win situation as the sprints are the same as last year and the 24 loads cheaper too
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Paul

Lost money on the sprint rounds,made money on the 24hr to help cover the sprint losses, gave it away. Where is the sense in that? No discounts for supporting the club in the previous year,the biggest saving will be for those who only race once a year in the 24hr.
It would seem the policy for the last few years has been that the members subsidise the 24hr not the other way around.

This policy should change.

San

Paul's point is valid, but then it must be difficult to predict at the start of the season how many cars are entering the sprints and the 24hr. That said, isn't it great value for money? £ per track time I don't think you can beat it. Which championship has comparable or cheaper entries?