Main Menu

Spa trophies

Started by Nigel Hollis, December 16, 2016, 18:12:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Hollis

I have just read the posting on Facebook regarding Spa trophies and am shocked! Why was this put on social media particularly with words like 'idiot' being used. Whilst appreciating the frustration of receiving something damaged, please remember that everything that happens within the club is done by individuals who give of their time & effort to help the club run smoothly. As regards the season's trophies, Richard works out what is required and orders. I then have 5 or 6 very large boxes of trophies arrive at my address where they are sorted and stored all summer in my front room until required. They are then humped to the appropriate meeting (and sometimes brought back again as some members feel they can't find 10 or so minutes for them to be handed out!) If anyone feels they can do better, please step forward. As far as I am aware, The Classic 2CV Racing Club Ltd. has no input into the organizing and running of the Spa 24hr so whilst not wishing to take away the thrill of being presented a trophy at the dinner/dance, strictly speaking they should have been given out privately by the sponsor, surely. Perhaps a little more rant could have been directed at the carrier rather than to people who always try and do their best!

Roy Eastwood

Yes, I thought that rant was totally out of order.

gadget

Sorry to sound like a bit of a techno phone , but I haven't got a clue what has been said.
Not being a teenage social media junkie, I can only assume that someone has been complaining.
A dented trophy maybe?
By who?

Gadget

simon turner

Nigel,

With respect there is no point in having a private rant which nobody can see, or the point will be missed. Clearly you would have been a better choice to choose a more appropriate box with some associated packaging for protection against the postal services which everyone will know not to trust with the words fragile. I think they would also suggest that something must be adequately packaged.

I purposely did not single anyone out for the catalogue of errors which ultimately stemmed from the inappropriate level of trust I gave to the 'officers of the company'. The term used was 'idiot proof' which I am would hope people are not obtuse enough to misunderstand.

While I appreciated Matt's help with returning the trophy, it really should never have got to that stage as an appropriate level of care and guidance was provided  for any reasonable person to expect that the trophy would have been given to the correct person and failing that any reasonable enquiry from any number of people in the room would have swiftly corrected the mistake rather than compounding it.

As you have questioned the validity of my complaint and suggested that people always try their best on behalf of the company, I would again have to say with the greatest respect that I have been unable to find anyone who believes that the trophy would ever fit into the box without the top having to be broken off in order to be able to close it and I would welcome any challenge to do so. If no other box or packaging had been available then if nothing else, the base could have been unscrewed from the trophy first.

If anyone wants to comment on social media, the forum or privately I have absolutely no problem with it. I however consider the matter closed but will comment whenever and wherever I feel is appropriate.
TĂȘte Rouge Racing