Main Menu

Championship Decals/Graphics

Started by Simon Crook, February 18, 2017, 15:43:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

Now as most of you know - Team Lumaca's #58 car carries a few stickers (we like them what can I say) but just reading the 2017 regulations has got me thinking I wouldn't want to get the Mandatory Championship decals wrong could be an expensive weekends racing!!!! So who keeps the club stickers, where is the diagram of what should go where and how do I get them???

4.3.6    Any vehicle not carrying the mandatory Championship decals will be subject to a fine of £100 for the first infringement and then £500 for any subsequent infringement.

5.17.1.3 Competitors shall be required to locate, unmodified and in the intended orientation the decals of the Classic 2CV Racing any Championship sponsor and associates on the cars, in positions to be notified.

5.17.2 Suppliers
Decals for above and below the race number background for the front doors shall be obtained by competitors through the Classic 2CV Racing Club Limited.

7.3.4 Championship Graphics
The Classic 2CV Racing Club Limited have the authority to designate areas of bodywork on all cars registered for or competing in rounds of this Championship as the 'property of the Classic 2CV Racing Club Limited'. These areas which are designated are to be available to the Club for the display of graphics supplied by the Club appertaining to sponsorship of the Club for the Championship or specific races. These areas are:
a) An area on the front of the bonnet above the grille
b) The area below the A panels (car body)
c) A part of the front doors including above and below the number backgrounds
d) Front windscreen
e) No advertising is permitted on rear screen / side windows as per MSA G101.
f) Front spoiler.
g) Area of body shell above both side doors, size to be advised.

An illustration showing all areas for championship graphics will be supplied with the 2014 Classic 2CV Racing Club Limited membership package and failure to display designated graphics will contravene these regulations.
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

Fear not young man.

The only stickers any Citroen 2CV race car is currently 'contractually' required to carry are the 2CVParts.com sticker, immediately over the 'grille' and BARC stickers, on or near the A panels on either side.

We are talking with the new title sponsor of the 24 Hour, Liqui Moly. It is possible that the Club will exercise the right to require all racers to carry a Liqui Moly sticker below the number panel on each door.

And our friends at Mintex Classic would be delighted if we could find suitable spaces for cars using their excellent brake pads to carry their quite small stickers. We are still pondering that one.

But the general rule on stickers is that if you arrive at the circuit without them, they should be available there. If not, then no action would be taken against the car for not carrying the stickers. The bonnet sticker is best fitted early on as it has to go immediately above the grille. I think that I have some somewhere but we'll chase Roy at ECAS for more.

Happy now?

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Simon Crook

Always happy Martin  :) at the moment have a very bare race car - haven't tried the Mintex brakes as of yet I believe there are two options to choose from
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

naughtybear

I am with Simons original post, we don't get membership packs never mind illustrations
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Derek Coghill

The sticker locations and relevant reserved areas used to be in the regulations, didn't they? Along with the drawings of barrel dimensions, drilled bolts and so on.