Main Menu

Spa Entry Price and details 20-22 October

Started by Nick Roads, July 03, 2017, 22:54:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Roads

As Philip resigned I have agreed to help liaise with the Belgiums and Mini's and for the teams going to Spa. This year its been agreed with the Board that the entries will be made via Classic 2CV Racing Club Ltd.

The price is going to be £ 2000 if currency rates the same as now as the pricing has been largely agreed in Euros. This price for club class, economy class, Minis that race at Snetterton and UK hybrids.

The format should be same as in previous years:
Limited free testing on Friday as part of that price. Extra hours can be bought on the day.
Teams need to arrive by Friday mid afternoon with scrutineering early evening.
Qualifying Saturday morning, race likely to start around 4 pm.
There will be top 3 trophies for every class but may only be one UK trophy to be awarded at the main ceremony to fastest car in all the classes.

The C1 has its own series in Belgium and has been racing with 2CVRT at their meetings. They will be at Spa like last year and along with the Dutch and UK racing series there are expected to be over 40 C1's. Therefore with the 2CV's and Hybrids could be a grid of over 100 cars. As it is going to be a large grid it would be helpful it anyone interested can post here their interest or PM me in the next few weeks.

nick nice toes

Just wondering why if there are soo many more cars entered "provisionally" the entry cost for UK teams has increased by 33%
It was only 1600 last year.

Nick Roads

I was not involved in any pf the pricing negotiations with the Belgians this year. There has always been pressure towards UK entry prices as Belgian entry price (4400 euros) is twice what UK cars pay so not surprised it has gone up.

I am not clear why the C1's in the UK been promoting the race for over 3 months while no news from the 2CV Racing Club on entry prices and details. It was one of the reasons I decided to get back involved as there are only so many drivers and crew that will want to go and those going all need to plan early. The C1's entry pricing is £ 2500 and according to their forum this week (2 July) have 18 cars entered from UK.
' Spaces filling fast on this one, 18 UK C1 entries so far. Get your entry in as soon as possible, first come first served, grid looks like it will be over subscribed. That will mean a reserve list.'

biggles

Going to be a bit busy around pits and parking areas  Queues for fuel

Roy Eastwood

The C1s expect their part of the grid to be 40 cars, so best not leave it too late or the race will turn into a race for modern hatches.

Quote from: Nick Roads on July 05, 2017, 07:49:15
I was not involved in any pf the pricing negotiations with the Belgians this year. There has always been pressure towards UK entry prices as Belgian entry price (4400 euros) is twice what UK cars pay so not surprised it has gone up.

I am not clear why the C1's in the UK been promoting the race for over 3 months while no news from the 2CV Racing Club on entry prices and details. It was one of the reasons I decided to get back involved as there are only so many drivers and crew that will want to go and those going all need to plan early. The C1's entry pricing is £ 2500 and according to their forum this week (2 July) have 18 cars entered from UK.
' Spaces filling fast on this one, 18 UK C1 entries so far. Get your entry in as soon as possible, first come first served, grid looks like it will be over subscribed. That will mean a reserve list.'

Paul

Count us in Nick. As the cheapest classes on the grid by 25% over the C1 and 50% cheaper than any Euro class we should take full advantage while we can.

Do you know if we need to supply trophies?

gadget

Hi Nick,
You can count us in as well as a definite.

Marty

Hi,
Small details on the rates mentioned below :
- The Belgian/French entry price is not 4400€ (price if full season), but 4800€ (£4200)
- The UK C1 entry price is 2850€ (£2500)   therefore  -40%
- The UK 2CV entry price is 2280€ (£2000) therefore  -52.5%

After reading here the amazing number of C1's in a 2CV race (although they could very well organize their own race), I searched for information and found this :
http://speedactiontv.be/C1_Racing_Cup__cap_sur_lAlsace_avant_Spa_et_Mettet_-20036-1.aspx
http://moteurs.blogs.sudinfo.be/archive/2017/03/21/francorchamps-les-premieres-c1-racing-cup-en-piste-au-trophe-219672.html
Robert Van Gysegem, both 2CV and C1, explained quietly that "during the prestigious 24H2CV event, there should be some ... tens of C1 at the start, including about twenty of us! What would be a very nice way to close the year 1 of this new product"
In other words, in 2017, 2CV's will pay so that C1's can run !!  (Regardless of the fact that C1's will be dangerous for 2CV's ... remember October 2016 ...)

wilbot

nick nice toes

MiM Racing will be there to hopefully complete 24 hrs this year.
So count us in too.

Nick Roads

Hi Marty

I know there has been some discussion with you this year and hope to be briefed on it all shortly. There was and remains a clear desire to get the Classiques to come to UK races and not just Spa.

For those following this thread may be of interest to note there 3 classiques at Croix for the 12 Hour race there this year. They ended up in positions 7,8 and 9 and were over 100 laps of both UK hybrids ): and also ahead of 4 belgian cars and at least 1 of the Belgian C1's. Go la tortue!

Andrew Bull

Vive la 2CV

In all it's forms.

Baise C1

Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

pat069

Hi everybody

I'm Patrick, driver in rally and circuit.

Quote from: Nick Roads on July 05, 2017, 07:49:15

Not 4400€ !!!   but 4800€   :o :o :o

And also for the 2cv Classic (origin)  :-[

Calendrier 2cvrt

http://www.24h2cv.be/2CVRT/Documents/Calendar/2CVRT_calendar2017.pdf

Historic Rally 2cv

Mick Storey

I must confess to not wishing to be left out and assuming Tick Tock survives Snetterton, Rosie Racing will be going to Spa also. It is an amazing event

nick nice toes