Main Menu

Race Schedule

Started by Mick Storey, July 10, 2017, 14:12:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Storey

Apologies if Ive missed it, but have we got a timetable for the 24 hour race weekend?

wilbot

Further to Mick's question is a poster advertising the event to be published ?

Alec Graham

this is all I'm aware of to date

Timetable:      Sign on                       1700hrs 18th August, 2017
                        Scrutineering             1700hrs 18th August, 2017
Testing                        Not organised by BARC
18th August, 2017
                                                            4 x 30 minute exclusive sessions
                                                            [1000hrs, 1100hrs, 1200hrs, 1300hrs]
                        Qualification               18th / 19th August, 2017
                                                            Day 1900-2030hrs, 18th August
                                                            Night 2115-2215hrs, 18th August
                        Warm up                    1015-1035hrs, 19th August
                        Race                            1700-1730hrs 19th / 20th August, 2017

Paul

So all the testing is in the morning Alec? What bright spark organised that ?

coxm

This is what I have from BARC at the moment:
Venue:      Snetterton

Timetable:   Sign on              1700hrs 18th August, 2017
      Scrutineering      1700hrs 18th August, 2017
                Testing               18th August, 2017
                       4 x 30 minute exclusive sessions
                       0900-0930hrs, 1050-1120hrs,
                                                1340-1410hrs, 1530-1600hrs
      Qualification      18th / 19th August, 2017
                       Day 1900-2030hrs, 18th August
                       Night 2115-2215hrs, 18th August
      Warm up              1015-1035hrs, 19th August
      Race                 1700-1730hrs 19th / 20th August, 2017

Paul

I read from that Meyrick that we are doing 24.5 hours is this correct?i haven't seen anything announcing it.
I am concerned that when the other classes are finishing at 24 hours they will slow and be a danger to those still racing ,has this been addressed in some way?

coxm

Hi Paul,

That's right.  This is in response to the members strong request at the open board a while back that we organise matters so that a 602 is the winner of the race; and is reported as such.  The board discussed a variety of options, which were then discussed with BARC, and this was the most feasible route.  I'll talk to BARC and understand exactly how this works and put a more detailed post up when I have chapter and verse.

I gather that its not that unusual, so BARC presumably know how to run it safely.  I've driven a Smart in the Spa 24hr, where we had a 6-hour race during the 24hr and that didn't seem to cause any safety problems.  Best MC

Smiley

Hi,
I race with one of the Mini teams and have just learnt that the event has changed, with the UK 2cvs running for 24.5 hours and everyone else (include C1, Minis and Euro cars) running 24 hours.
This wasn't the race I entered. Part of the fun of the event is us all starting together and all finishing together (especially the pit lane drive through at the end). There are many different classes within this 24 hour race but the focus is rightly so on the UK 2cvs. It's an awesome event that is well organised and one that we all enjoy (from a driving point of view and socially) but something seems to have changed!!
I do not understand (and personally do not want to be involved) in different start finish times etc etc. Will there be separate presentations too (in different corners of the paddock?)? From recent events I'm not really sure if the minis (and C1s / Euro cars) are welcome or not.
Our team ("Slarky Malarky") have raced in all the UK and Spa events that we have been invited to. We're already a little peeved that our entry is £2500 compared to the 2cv early bird entry of £1700. I have paid a deposit to race in one 24hour event, not lots of little events. I understand there are still discussions behind the scenes that still need to be formalised, but in the event things stay as they are, please can someone advise who I should contact to get my deposit back from please.
Regards... Steve

wilbot

Cheer up Smiley if you bust your arse building a 2CV with a BMW engine in you don't get to go at all !

But it's not so bad you can always buy a ride in a acceptable 2CV and get that free 1/2 hour bonus ...............

Alec Graham

Put BMW engine in a mini and go and see if you can enter the mini championship  Wilbot........

I don't get your point?

wilbot

The point is I built a car to rules that existed within the club that were suddenly FOREGOTTEN to be submitted to MSA. I understand that the members want / need a 602 to win at Snetterton I was merely pointing out things can change for various reasons at the behest of the membership or not as the case may be.