Main Menu

Brands Hatch Draft Timetable

Started by Simon Crook, July 12, 2017, 06:51:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

As the subject line says - anyone seen a draft timetable for Brands yet, I know I don't race that often but I would have thought we may have seen one by now!
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Chris Yates

Usually the timetables are published slightly less than 2 weeks before the event Simon, so you're a little early.

When they do appear, they'll be here first : http://www.barc.net/barc-brands-hatch-2017

Simon Crook

Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Marty

Chris Yates

Thanks Marty - I have updated the website to show the timetable also!

Christine Savage

Whilst on the subject of brands.... I've only got one car pass!!  Is everyone else in the same boat?

It's not like we've got a huge race transporter with everything in, we've got one car to tow the racecar and take spares and for mum to sleep in, and another car with tools, racekit and for me to sleep in.  Are we seriously expected to leave one outside, miles away?

Maisie

Is there a BBQ planned? The club gazebo will be coming in any case but need to know how much to fill the caravan fridge with and optimal beer:meat ratio.
Blueberry Tart ;)

Chris Yates

If anyone has a problem getting in, let me know, and I will come and help!

(assuming I'm there before you ;) )

Katy Storey

No barbie, but bring plenty of alcoholic beverages for the trophy presentation and general Saturday evening antics

Martin Riman

Have a good and safe weekend everyone shame Im not going to be there, See you all at Snetterton

Martin Riman

Well done to both first time race winners papa mick and luca

gadget

Martin,
I have to agree that big well done to both Luca and Papa Mick.

The old bloke has only taken about 7 x's longer to achieve the same thing!

My first ever race was with Mick at Mondello many years ago. We had a brill time, and still do.

Not sure why he has been p_ssing about these last 20 years though.

As I didn't see you there Martin, I have to assume you were somewhere else. If you were there you would have seen probably some of the worst driving

standards for a long time. It may be due to the long break? But from where we all stood at Paddock it looked very amateur.

We all know that there are going to be incidents with close racing, but there were a lot of exceeding of track limits, especially in the second race.
Very surprised that time penalties were not issued. It is no wonder certain people have gone home with lots of damage if they are going to drive like they did. And only 2 weekends to fix it. Not a problem though if they are in another car!

Observations Gadget Media

Marty

Congratulations to both Tom Burgess (#35) and Alex Graham (#11) !
First race's best lap is 1:08.637 and second race's best lap is... 1:08.637  :o :D
Source : Pages 11 and 18 in http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=BARC/2017/1730212cv.pdf

Andrew Bull

WELL DONE MICK AND LUCA.  great to see club stalwarts and next generation winning their first races. 

Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Maisie

It was also really nice to see a group of road car owners turn up to support us, something which is worth encouraging. We also had a lot of positive comments on tbe club Facebook page posts during the event with a few people saying that it was the first time they'd seen 2CVs race and how much they'd enjoyed it.
Blueberry Tart ;)