Main Menu

does anyone know...

Started by vivaelvis1, October 24, 2017, 17:17:49

Previous topic - Next topic

vivaelvis1

Wonder if any one in the club can help.   My stepfather used to race 2cvs approx 15years
ago, and im trying to find any photos of him/and or racing. His name is Jerry (Jez)ledworth.
he used have several cars, but one that may stick out, he had a grey 2cv van he drove back from Belgium, and raced at Spar..
he made a large brass key that he put on the back of it, so looked like a wind up toy. im sorry I don't know any more info other than he was a he was a start marshall at Gurston hill climb
It may be to far back,but be great if any photos could be located.  Many thanks Kerry :)

gadget

Hi Kerry, if it is who I think he used to Marshall at Lyden Hill. He always wore an old cap with lots of badges on it. He was good mates with Royce Grey and came to Spa with us in 1999/2000.
I will have a dig around in my old photo drawer to see if he is in there.
Wayne

Roy Eastwood

Yes, we frequently saw Jerry at many of the BARC meetings along with Gail, he was a startline marshal who appeared at several circuits we raced at, I don't recall any photographs but will have a look.

vivaelvis1

Hi Roy thanks !! Thats great
And Wayne...yes he had a cap with loads of badges!
He also a biker
If you do find any,  wil be good
Many thanks☺

vivaelvis1

hi

just wondered if anyone managed to find any photos of Jerry Ledworth and his racing days.. If so please can you email [email protected]

thanks kerry